Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Charting for the first time, confused and new to TB.

Hi Ladies, 
We are TTC with our 2nd baby. I started using the kindara ap this month on CD 1. I'm on CD 40, and still no AF. I've NEVER had a cycle this long, or missed a period (other than the first time I was pregnant). I wish I could figure out how to show you my chart, because, based on my temps, I should have my period. I had a temp spike after positive OPK on CD 20 (a few days later than normal b/c of a bad cold).  Temps stayed elevated for 7 days then literally have zig zagged to right below my coverline (97.3) and elevated (97.7) for 8 days, then has been elevated the last three days (97.9, 98.1 and 97.9). Dh is OOT so we are waiting until Sunday to test. I am biting all my nails off while I wait. The temp spike and positive OPK makes me think I definitely ovulated. Thoughts? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image

Re: Charting for the first time, confused and new to TB.

• Options
    NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited December 2015
    It's possible that you didn't actually ovulate till the last time it spiked above the coverline. Or that you haven't at all yet with all the ups and downs. I'd really have to see the chart.

My guess though is that if your period is "late" (based on your normal luteal phase, assuming you know what it is) then I'd say to use the latest date you could have possibly ovulated which was 8 days ago? 3 days ago? 11 days ago? I'm not sure from your wording. But whichever. And use that for testing purposes. Once you're actually late using your latest possible O date then you can start wondering why you're late.

This is the advice I'm taking myself. I had a suspect O on CD12 but that would put me about 17DPO with no AF and no BFP which is... unlikely. My chart looks like I could have ovulated as late as CD15 so I'm going with that one, which puts me at 14DPO. If I assume I'm only 14DPO it makes sense that AF hasn't arrived (as it would be due tomorrow if my luteal phase lengthened to 14 days) and that I don't have a BFP.

Also, you may want to start using Fertility Friend. You can then link your charts. There is a free version of it that's pretty decent.

ETA: Just on the off chance that was a roundabout way of asking us if you're pregnant: that's against the TOU.Take a pregnancy test if you're wondering if you are.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is your average cycle length?
  • Options
    Use fertility friend and if you are convinced you ovulated take a pregnancy test. I do not put much faith into analyzing temps for evidence of conception. I was only able to recognize triphasic patterns on my BFP charts AFTER I already knew I was pregnant.