WTO Thursday

Re: WTO Thursday

• Options
    Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    edited December 2015
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM (sorta), PNV and HIO with Preseed

R/R/CS: My chart isn't as clear as it sometimes can be. I may have O'd on CD 13 but a high temp on CD 9 makes it unclear. Hopefully a few more temps will make things more clear

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! H and I watched Parks and Recreation and clearly we were behind on this trend. This show is HILARIOUS! Unfortunately I am having trouble finding the last season for free... So I am excited that we have 1 more season left, but not sure when I can watch it. 
    I am also binging (on shotime) The Affair
    LINDSEYRVA - I love that you had treat yo self napkins... I can't wait to tell H! 

LakeR2014  - I felt the same way at first too and actually did DVDs to my house because they had more updated movies for awhile. Then I realized I love TV and switched back to streaming (also have Amazon streaming too)

teamginger13 - I am so sorry about everything you are going through. That sounds like a lot to handle right now and I hope you get good news from your RE. *Creepy internet hugs*

TheTamedShrew - Good luck with your FW, I loved that gif! haha

chrlyr  - my sister and I are almost 8 years apart! My parents waited awhile for a 2nd, then it took longer then they thought. I think there are so many positives to our age difference that I wouldn't change anything! We were never really in competition with each other as we were always at such different places in our lives. And we never fought a lot either. She always dressed great for her age and listened to cool music since she had a big sis to guide her! She could always come to me for advice that she didn't want to ask our mom. We had always been close and got along and now she is 21 and I am 29 and we are great friends, I love hanging out with her!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @gonetothesea yes, please!  My friends kept singing "it's the best day of the yearrrrr!" at my wedding and I loved it so much.

@TheTamedShrew I agree!  Did you hear the Fresh Air interview Aziz did last week?  He spoke about his parents at length.  It was a great interview.

@LittleMissTimeLord @ally989 @kateastrophem thank you for your responses!!

**edited because I wasn't done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***Question!!!***

Q:  So I've been having about 10 days of cramping leading up from shortly after O to AF. This past cycle was 3DPO to AF (13DPO/CD1), and the prior cycle was cramping from 5 or 6 DPO leading up to AF (again 13DPO). Does anyone else have this? I'm afraid it's indicative of a bigger problem, or the reason why I'm not getting KTFU... The cramping prior to AF isn't THAT bad, it's very mild, but still definitely noticeable. Nothing like real AF cramps. It just worries me. I've been off HBC since June, so perhaps my body is still adjusting? I feel like it's been a while now, though. 

Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU:  All the CD2 things, wine and sweatpants. 

R/R/CS:  Not much here, just worried about the weird week+ of cramping I've been having. Getting the CD3 blood test tomorrow. 

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!  I'm still working on Gilmore Girls, which I usually watch at the gym. DH and I are both watching Jessica Jones and Master of None. We also started watching The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime. It's really interesting, but pretty intense. 

@PrettyPalomino Mindy Project is the best! I wish Fox hadn't cancelled it and we don't get Hulu so I haven't seen any of the new stuff!
    @LINDSEYRVA I never got a positive OPK last month either. I don't think I was taking them at the right time of day but my temps said I did O. I'm going to experiment with testing more often this cycle. I think I either missed the LH surge, or I'm just one of those lucky gals who can't turn an OPK...
    @jhems776 that's a lot of True Blood. When I used to binge watch True Blood and Dexter, I would always end up with nightmares! But I love both of those shows so much. 
    @teamginger1 I'm sorry to hear about the health issues you are facing. I hope the RE is able to give you some answers! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ashbear720 I get light cramping on and off throughout my cycles and I've never had any major problems. It's something that I'm sure is always happening but I notice more only because of TTC. It doesn't always happen but when it does, it's usually in the second half of my cycle. From what I've been told, light cramping is pretty normal since our lady bits are always up to something, but consistent painful cramping is cause to see a doctor.

• Options

@PrettyPalomino I love the Mindy Project and watch every episode as soon as it come out on Hulu!

@katetastrophem Property Brothers are awesome, I binged a lot of those a while ago.  I had to put myself on a HGTV ban as we are still in an apartment and a house is 2+ years out, DC is just too expensive.

@Lecool I only have three episodes left, I am already sad. 

@ashbear720 It has been a lot, we only have HBO free till the new year so I extra binged.  Dexter was my favorite, there was a tweet by the show this Thanksgiving and everyone thought that meant Dexter was coming back.  I knew it was not true but my hopes got up.  

• Options

@gonetothesea yes, please!  My friends kept singing "it's the best day of the yearrrrr!" at my wedding and I loved it so much.

@TheTamedShrew I agree!  Did you hear the Fresh Air interview Aziz did last week?  He spoke about his parents at length.  It was a great interview.

@LittleMissTimeLord @ally989 @kateastrophem thank you for your responses!!

**edited because I wasn't done.
    haha, that's awesome. Unfortunately, only 4 people got the reference at my wedding. :neutral:

I am attaching a picture. Not the best angle of the banner, but you get the gist of it. Do you have a picture of your napkins?! I'd love to see them!

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    @Jhems776 I love True Blood! I just started re-reading the books

@teamginger13 Sorry, hopefully you and your doctors can come up with a game plan that works for you. 

@beachbunnyxo123 We have Netflix and a friend has Hulu Plus. We share the accounts. DH and I have never had cable. We do have an antenna so we get the normal channels (abc, nbc, cbs, etc.) To me cable is not worth it until they come up with an a la cart option.

Month/Cycle: 4/4 (1/1 TTCAL)

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: PNV and Temp currently

R/R/CS: This is my first AF post MC and I am glad it didn't take long (less than a month). It's amazing what our bodies can do. This cycle we are going to be more relaxed about it, maybe more NTNP. On another note I have had a cough/chest congestion for almost 3 weeks now and I finally have a doctors appointment to figure out whats going on. The first week I had a fever with it but the doctor said it wasn't related to the MC and thought it was viral. I just want the cough to be gone.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! Gilmore Girls. When I started to watch it again I was like "Why did I like this show back then? It's kind of dumb." Now I'm on season 4 and I love it again.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @LittleMissTimeLord glad to hear someone else has this! It hasn't been painful until actual CD1 so far, just annoying. And it totes leads to bad symptom spotting since it only started happening after we started TTC. I will definitely keep watching it.

@jhems776 i dont blame you for binging on free HBO! I asked our cable company to cancel it after the free period was over, and they offered it for $5/month, so i kept it. Im a sucker. It would be so great if Dexter came back. I wasn't super satisfied with the finale. Too bad it's not true!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @LittleMissTimeLord glad to hear someone else has this! It hasn't been painful until actual CD1 so far, just annoying. And it totes leads to bad symptom spotting since it only started happening after we started TTC. I will definitely keep watching it. @jhems776 i dont blame you for binging on free HBO! I asked our cable company to cancel it after the free period was over, and they offered it for $5/month, so i kept it. Im a sucker. It would be so great if Dexter came back. I wasn't super satisfied with the finale. Too bad it's not true!
    I LOVED Dexter and was also pretty disappointed with the finale.  
  • Options
    Newbie here!
    Month/Cycle: 1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, starting my first chart, reading TCOYF

R/R/CS:  Hubby's work. I am grateful that he has this new job, but DAMN the hours are chaotic and suck. 4am one day, 8 am the next. Makes tempting and taking care of LO difficult.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! Well LO is really into How To Train Your Dragon and All Hail King Julian so I have watched every episode of both in the last 3 days, but H and I are currently binging every Sunday on NCIS.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: We're doing all of the things...

R/R/CS: I just had a really positive experience with a new doctor yesterday. I have been going to doctor after doctor after doctor trying to get answers. I was getting a lot of pats on the head and lots of doctors telling me to just "relax and it will happen" and it was really getting to me. I finally met with a doctor who was impressed with my charting and questions for him. WE came up with a great game plan together and I finally feel as though I have some answers. DH and I are going to give one or two more tries before Doc wants to see me again to start trying meds. 

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! I have cleared my schedule for this weekend so that I can binge on Jessica Jones. I also really enjoy rewatching all of my favorite Doctor Who episodes. I watched the first 3 seasons of Call the Midwife and absolutely loved that. I also rewatch Sherlock like it's my job. I am also slowly trying to get caught up on Supernatural. :) 
  • Options
    Newbie here!
    Month/Cycle: 1

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, starting my first chart, reading TCOYF

R/R/CS:  Hubby's work. I am grateful that he has this new job, but DAMN the hours are chaotic and suck. 4am one day, 8 am the next. Makes tempting and taking care of LO difficult.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! Well LO is really into How To Train Your Dragon and All Hail King Julian so I have watched every episode of both in the last 3 days, but H and I are currently binging every Sunday on NCIS.
    @Kate08Young....wait you had a baby in August and are TTC again?!   God bless you child!   I give you credit - I don't think my sanity could take it, lol.    Also NCIS is always a good go-to Binge.
  • Options
    Tippy05 said:

@LittleMissTimeLord glad to hear someone else has this! It hasn't been painful until actual CD1 so far, just annoying. And it totes leads to bad symptom spotting since it only started happening after we started TTC. I will definitely keep watching it.

@jhems776 i dont blame you for binging on free HBO! I asked our cable company to cancel it after the free period was over, and they offered it for $5/month, so i kept it. Im a sucker. It would be so great if Dexter came back. I wasn't super satisfied with the finale. Too bad it's not true!

I LOVED Dexter and was also pretty disappointed with the finale.  

QBF

Ditto!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @teamginger13  Sorry you are having to go through all of that.  Hopefully your Drs can get some answers for you.

@HeyBooHey  Welcome!

Month/cycle: 3/3

Cycle day: 7

What are you doing to get knocked up? BBT, CM, BD EOD/ED

R/R/CS: I found out last night that apparently DH and I were on different pages when we discussed telling anyone about TTC.  We didn't want to tell our families because we knew we would be bombarded with "Are you pregnant yet?? How about now? Now?"  But we were talking with another couple who we are very close with and the topic came up for both them and us.  So that was fine.  And he knew I told my best friend.  But I thought that was it......Nope.  We ran into a client of his at the grocery store while buying stuff for margaritas and he just said "Oh no luck getting pregnant yet?"
    We had a little talk on the way home of who is on the "need to know basis"

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!  Loved House of Cards.  
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Options

*****Question Included If Anyone Has Input!!*****

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD:15

WAYDTGKU: OPK and Frequent Hanky Panky

R/R/CS: Here is the Question: Since we started ttc, I have noticed that my cycles vary from month to month between 27 and 33 days and my positive OPKs vary from CD10 this cycle  to CD 17 last cycle. I know it is normal to vary and my cycle lengths are within the "normal range" but I have also heard that varying greatly from month to month, even within that normal range can be a sign of a potential issue. Has anyone heard that before? Also, I'm worried that getting a positive opk at cd 10 this cycle means that the egg might be too early and not viable. Side rant, its really this difficult to get pregnant at a reasonable age and stable life position but any given 15 year old seems to be able to get KU as soon as they touch a boy's junk. Ugh.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! Me and DH started watching Hell on Wheels and it is amazing! We are on season 4 now and I can't get enough. Plus, it doesn't hurt that this dude is serious eye candy, he makes my uterous gurgle!

amc hell on wheels anson mount cullen bohannon

• Options
    @PrettyPalomino I love the Mindy Project! She is hilarious and I love her. And yay for the positive OPK.

@LakeR2014, I agree I have a hard time finding movies I want to watch on Netflix. The TV shows are where it's at, there are a lot of good hour length drama shows you can find and then it's like watching a really long movie.
    Month/Cycle: 6/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: temping, CM, CP, OPKs, Preseed

R/R/CS: I think I may be seeing the start of some EWCM but still no positive OPK. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a normal(ish) length cycle this time. I'm also really bummed seeing people who got their BFPs coming back here :( 

GTKY: We just binged Sons of Anarchy and I loved it, I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a new binge. Full 7 seasons on Netflix so it's perfect (I hate waiting for final seasons when the show isn't completely finished when I start binge watching). Plus there's Charlie Hunnam:

Me & DH: 28
    Married: September 2011
    TTC #1: July 2015
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 28 and still here. 

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R/CS: I find my cat sleeping so adorably between us every morning that it's hard to wake up my husband for sex. Then this morning, my other cat came and laid on top of my husband as I'm trying to wake him up for sex. They hate babies and don't want us to have any. 

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! We don't have Netflix but my latest binge on Amazon Prime was Fringe. 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: waiting out AF

R/R/CS: it's raining and there were a lot of accidents on the highway during my commute. I don't want to work!

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! I can't binge right now (huge deadline coming up) but I've been watching The Walking Dead with DH.
  • Options
    @ashbear720 I also get light cramping on and off pretty much from O day until AF gets here. I'm assuming I've always had it and just never noticed it or payed attention until I started TTC. Or maybe I didn't have it while on BC? Idk, but I've never been told I've had any issues! 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, CM, PNV, OPKs, and sex

R/R/CS:  My chart is not shaping up that well this cycle - not sure that I'm going to O at all at this point, and if I do, it will probably be several days before it's confirmed by FF.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!  I don't really binge watch.  I will third (or is it fourth now) that the Dexter finale was pretty horrible though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    @PrettyPalomino Fx for a shorter cycle this time!  

@LINDSYRVA Love the Treat Yo Self napkins, I still love Parks and Rec.  

@jhems776  We were really into True Blood for a few seasons (and I read most of the books), but we couldn't keep going once the whole thing with the Authority started.  Does it get better after that?

@0SeaMonkey0  We just caught up on John Oliver last night!  He's great.

@teamginger13 I'm so sorry you're going through that, fx you get it all sorted out soon!

@LittleMissTimeLord We started Once Upon a Time too, and even DH got into it, but the storyline just kept going and going and going and going... and then season 1 ended and there were like 4 more to go.  A friend told me to stick with it, but sometimes I just zone out after a while.  Did you finish it?  I wanted to see the Frozen/Black Swan seasons but was too far behind.  Definitely also have been considering re-watching Gilmore Girls.

@m6agua Sorry about your loss, but glad to hear you're already back to AF.

@ashbear720  I LOVED Dexter for about the first four seasons (through Trinity), but then the later seasons just lost me, and I thought the ending was horrible.

@HeyBooHey Welcome!

@ZoMania57  I binge watched SoA while DH was away for work, I tried so hard to get him to watch it with me.  I stopped after season 3ish so he could catch up, but he never did.  It was so good, I need to finish that.

@LadyMillil Walking Dead is on my short list to finish.  We saw a few seasons but DH  has trouble with long story arcs so he dropped out of watching it, and I haven't had time on my own.  

Month/Cycle: 5/4 

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs soon, PNV, starting BD EOD soon also.

R/R/CS: None really.  Just ready for this cycle to gear up.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!  It's not on Netflix, but we watched like 7 episodes of Season 2 of Fargo on Thanksgiving.  We still haven't seen Season 1, but want to start it after we finish this one.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

R/R/CS:  My chart is not shaping up that well this cycle - not sure that I'm going to O at all at this point, and if I do, it will probably be several days before it's confirmed by FF.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!  I don't really binge watch.  I will third (or is it fourth now) that the Dexter finale was pretty horrible though!
    I was so mad about that finale! The rest of the show was sooooo good, and that's how they ended it! 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options

R/R/CS: I found out last night that apparently DH and I were on different pages when we discussed telling anyone about TTC.  We didn't want to tell our families because we knew we would be bombarded with "Are you pregnant yet?? How about now? Now?"  But we were talking with another couple who we are very close with and the topic came up for both them and us.  So that was fine.  And he knew I told my best friend.  But I thought that was it......Nope.  We ran into a client of his at the grocery store while buying stuff for margaritas and he just said "Oh no luck getting pregnant yet?"
    We had a little talk on the way home of who is on the "need to know basis"

So much this. Here I am, quietly telling my friends and family one by one, when the time is right. Meanwhile, I found out last cycle that the fella's entire "class" at work, a group of about 15 people he's known less than two months, knows we're TTC. When AF showed up he was like "Aww I guess I'll tell my class it didn't happen this month." And I was all "WHAT?!?!" So, a whole room full of strangers is keeping track of my uterus. COOL. NO PRESSURE.

Also, this gives me no hope of being able to trust him to not tell the whole damn world immediately after we get a BFP.

• Options
    @teamginger13 I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope your consult with the RE is helpful 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 18 total/6temping

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R/CS: Totally missed our EOD HIO yesterday. Ah well.... there's always tonight

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!

I've been rewatching all the X-files to get ready for the new miniseries coming in January .

• Options
    @PJpeppercorn I BF for 12 months and got my first pp period two weeks after fully weaning. My first cycle I ovulated cd25 and was 37 days total, next cycle I ovulated cd18 for 29 days total. I'm on cycle 3 now and hoping that last cycle is my "normal" I never tracked before but 29 days seems pretty reasonable and I'm guessing I'm going to find that I just o a little later and have a shorter LP.

So assuming that this cycle looks like last, my experience was that things have evened out pretty quickly after fully weaning.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: month 19. Don't know how many cycles, lost track after we got benched last year.

WAYDTGKU: clomid, opks, bbt, BD

R/R/CS: I don't even know what to think anymore.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!
    I try to binge watch Netflix, but I have the attention span of a good fish. I was getting into PLL but gave up when summer hit, I don't spend any time at home/indoors when it's nice out. Guess it's time to get re-invested in something new!
  • Options

I'm going to ask this for like the third time and hope someone will answer me. How do I post a chart thumbnail or link?

Mobile I take a screenshot and post as a pic. Online (this is from memory so I hope I'm right) there is a tab called sharing and somewhere in there you will find a url that you cut and paste.
  • Options
    khbearkhbear member
    edited December 2015
    bcooke314 said:
    @katetastrophem  The HGTV shows are on Netflix? I'm going to have to get on that lol
    Yes! When I discovered it I lost hours of my life...but gained so much love for the folks on Fixer Upper. I mean...THAT KITCHEN THOUGH.

1. This is the most beautiful specimen of a room I have had the pleasure to see.
    2. I want to live in it for the rest of my life, no bedroom required.
    3. I am now going to watch HGTV on Netflix for the rest of the day.

ETA clarity
  • Options

We're on the same CD!!! :O!! Lol And fret not, Dexter is coming back to Showtime!!! So there FINALLY will be a sequel. 

Month/Cycle: 8

WAYDTGKU: temping, timed BD preseed, Clomid, Metformin, Levothyroxine

R/R/CS: Temp dipped slightly today, if my patterns hold up I ovulate today! :D 

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! Worst Cooks in America! That show was so awesome i'm sad it's not on anymore.

Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    @MNTurnsVA Thank you so much for your response! I am "freshly" 29 haha, so I am still in the 1 year category. I did see my OBGYN last month for my annual check up and when I brought up trying for #2 he asked a few questions about my cycle. When he asked if I was regular every 26-35 days, I said yes, but I vary within that range. Sometimes two months the same, sometimes only a day or so difference and sometimes huge differences. Basically because of my age and the fact that we did conceive in the past, it just seemed like he felt like it was no big deal since I do get my periods with an acceptable flow and duration. If nothing happens soon I might just call him and ask for some blood work  or something. Or maybe I just have to stop comparing my body to the norm or at least how others' seem to work...
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the coloring book. I don't have any advice on acupuncture but I hope someone will chime in. 

Oh don't worry, I am determined to have sex until I ovulate and kick the cats off the bed after a short moment of hesitation and "aww". I am not usually a weekday morning sex person but we've been busy and tired by the time we get to bed. Fortunately, my husband enjoys being woken up to sex. 
  • Options
    MNturnsVA said:

@HeyBooHey- Welcome and good for you for having read the rules!  So I want to know what you think of acupuncture.  I’m debating on trying it myself.  And how much do you pay for a session?  I’ve been doing some looking here and found some as much as $125 a session?  Which seems pretty steep to me but they are sticking you with needles and I wouldn’t want to bleed out on them or anything crazy like that.  I was kind of thinking that somewhere in the $50-60 range per session was appropriate.  So I’m curious to see what your thoughts on your experience were and if you feel like you are getting a positive response from it and what you  are spending.  We just bought a new smart TV too, so we may get back into Netflix and some shows as well  J

@MNturnsVA I have had good luck with acupuncture in the past for other issues. I only paid $75 for the initial consult and first treatment. Follow on will be $60 a visit. She pretty much nailed my symptoms within a few minutes. I went home and researched all the things she said and it was really spot on and jived with the info in Infertility Cure. Also, I have been having really cold feet for a while and waking up very early in the morning and cannot fall back asleep. After the first visit my feet were HOT, like on fire and I slept until a normal time for the first time in weeks. Maybe it was coincidence, but I was pretty happy with that. Bad news is that she wants to do a three month herbal treatment to cleanse the stagnant blood from my system and I will not be able to TTC during it. I am going to wait for that until spring when I will be traveling away from my husband and keep trying in the meantime.

I would recommend getting Infertility Cure if you are hesitant about the expense of seeing someone. It is designed for people who don't have access/funds for a good TCM practitioner. Every experience I have had has been extremely professional and sterile. The needles barely hurt (some you don't feel, some kind of zing you) and you may bleed a drop when they remove them, but not from every needle. Go on Yelp to find a good one!

Also, I LOVE my adult coloring books! I feel ridiculous while I am doing it, but I love the control I feel and the pretty thing I am able to make!

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 8/4

CD:  24

WAYDTGKU:  Clomid and all the other things

R/R/CS:  Been getting tons and tons of EWCM but very negative OPKS.  No idea what that means.

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge!  Everyone should watch the show Damages - Glen Close is FANTASTIC!  What a great show.  Been binging now for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

WAYDTGKU: Waiting til next week. Getting some new vitamins. OB appt next Friday.

R/R/CS: This week has been all about our HVAC, and they are installing a new one as I type. I want it to be over. I'm cold, I'm cranky, I can't concentrate on work, and now we are broke. 

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! Arrested Development. So good. Oh my gosh so good.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/4

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm

R/R/CS: last month I had delayed O and a long cycle - i think due to some major stress/illness mid month- Hoping this month is back to normal. However, i had some pretty strong bleeding after sex on cd 13 and 15 that continued throughout the day. Very unusual for me. Anyone else dealt with this, and is it a reason to head the the doc? Im thinking of going anyway since im close to my yearly and never had a pre conception visit, but dont really want to suffer through an unnecessary exam. Thoughts?

GTKY: Tell us about your latest Netflix binge! We went through Narcos in like a week.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA if things don't work out this cycle I may try the dollar store OPKs next one.... I don't think I need them, I just want more confirmation lol.

And yes... My mother means well but OMG she needs to stop! Lol

Thanks!
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I just started going to acupuncture this week and had a great first session. The place I go to is a "community acupuncture" model. I think the only difference is that everyone sits in one room and there is one acupuncturist who sees everyone. It works on a rolling schedule. I really enjoyed it, it had a very spa like atmosphere, very clean (each needle is individually packaged and discarded after use) and it's only $25 per session I guess because you aren't monopolizing an acupuncturist for a whole hour. Look into it and see if there is a similar place near you! I told the girl that I had just had an early m/c and that my main concern was balancing my hormones and that we wanted to get back to TTC ASAP. She said acupuncture is great for TTC/balancing hormones and recommended a schedule of once a week for a month and then every other week for 2 months. Who knows if it will work but I left feeling very zen so I think it was worth it even for just that :)

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @DumbledoresArmy Damages is SO good!  I totally forgot about that one!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker