July 2015 Moms

Stomach sleeping eek!

We started on the zipadeezip tonight because little one has been escaping his swaddle for weeks now. He rolled onto his tummy and is now sleeping soundly -so I am not sleeping at all!! He can push up onto his hands. He's awesome at rolling from his back to his tummy - not so great at getting from tummy to back though he has done it a few times.

Stomach sleeping is freaking me out! Anyone else?!

Re: Stomach sleeping eek!

• I know it's easier said than done, but you have to know that if your baby is strong enough to roll they are strong enough to turn their head if they need to. When my daughter started belly sleeping I was up a lot the first 2 nights and then I realized that she is going to sleep like this for a long time as she seems to really enjoy her belly. I do check the monitor more than I did when she was exclusively on her back to make sure she isn't "face planting" but honestly the mattress is so hard she couldn't sink in even if she was face down. If you are super concerned and really not sleeping other moms have suggested propping the mattress on a slight angle (if baby only rolls one way) with a book or towel under the mattress and it will stop them from rolling if they aren't super strong yet. I would ask your pediatrician before going that route though. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep soon!
  • My LO started sleeping on his stomach about a month ago it was only here and there. It did freak me out at first. Now the past two weeks he sleeps on his tummy every night. I use to turn him over but there was no point bc he would just roll back onto his tummy. It doesn't make me nervous anymore. I know he has strong head control and sleeps so much more soundly on his tummy. When he was sick a lil bit ago I had purchased a wedge which you just put on top the mattress under the sheet so he could sleep on an incline to help drain some of his congestion at night. Which really didn't work much bc even with the incline he still would roll oversleep on his tummy. So I just gave up if that's how he wants to sleep so be it lol