Groups Clubs Meetups... whatever you want to call it — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

Groups Clubs Meetups... whatever you want to call it

Hi all!

Just wondering if any of you belong to a group, club, or organization with regular meet ups. If so, what is it (if you can share), what do you do there, can you bring the kids, do you enjoy it/recommend it? etc. I've been looking for something near where I live, but do not know anyone in them.  Thank you!

Re: Groups Clubs Meetups... whatever you want to call it

• I was literally just looking stuff up in my town on meetup.com found a few groups
  • Now that I homeschool, most of our social connections come through that. But when my kids were little I really enjoyed MOPS meetings (Christian focus) and bible studies that offered child care. I also found a couple of okay playgroups through meetup.com and facebook. Often times libraries offer free story hours too. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
    annie10
  • Loading the player...
  • I belong to a MOPS group and love it. We meet at a church. We have speakers, do an occasional craft, sometimes have a meeting that involves movement (yoga, aerobics, something like that.) 

But, the most important part for me is a two hour break from the kiddos where I can enjoy breakfast and talk to other moms.