11 month old throwing tantrums?!? — The Bump
December 2014 Moms

11 month old throwing tantrums?!?

first time poster here. Anyone else's little angel throwing tantrums already? How are you dealing with it? Discipline? Ignore? Indulge?

Re: 11 month old throwing tantrums?!?

• It all depends on the situation. Not fun!
  • Yes we've definitely noticed some tantrums. We're not sure how to deal with them either. 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, totally depends on the situation. If it's not a meal time, nap time, or an injury, I slow my response time or ignore the tantrum. If we're playing I try to redirect or distract, and that usually ends the tantrum within 30 secs. Turning on some music usually helps too!
    LoggiesMamma
  • I agree with pp. We try to stay calm while LO is tantuming at the table. We pull food away and let him chill for a few minutes until he has settled down. I try to ignore the ones while playing, or distract with something else.
  • We're in a similar situation. Our Lo likes to scream, I thought it was to get our attention but she'll do it even when we're with her. I'm also a FTm, so I'm kinda clueless. Tantrums on ignore but this screaming thing, she'll just so it, even if she's just playing.