December 2014 Moms

11 month old throwing tantrums?!?

first time poster here. Anyone else's little angel throwing tantrums already? How are you dealing with it? Discipline? Ignore? Indulge?

Re: 11 month old throwing tantrums?!?

• It all depends on the situation. Not fun!
  • Yes we've definitely noticed some tantrums. We're not sure how to deal with them either. 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, totally depends on the situation. If it's not a meal time, nap time, or an injury, I slow my response time or ignore the tantrum. If we're playing I try to redirect or distract, and that usually ends the tantrum within 30 secs. Turning on some music usually helps too!
  • I agree with pp. We try to stay calm while LO is tantuming at the table. We pull food away and let him chill for a few minutes until he has settled down. I try to ignore the ones while playing, or distract with something else.
  • We're in a similar situation. Our Lo likes to scream, I thought it was to get our attention but she'll do it even when we're with her. I'm also a FTm, so I'm kinda clueless. Tantrums on ignore but this screaming thing, she'll just so it, even if she's just playing.