Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D & C recovery time?

I went to the doctors today, I'm not growing like I should. I only measured at 4.5 and should be closer to 6. I go back on Thursday for an ultra sound, and possibly Saturday for a D&C. I'm wondering how long it took other women to recover if it doesn't naturally happen?

Re: D & C recovery time?

• Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited December 2015
    I don't have anything to add. I found out today that my baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks, should be 10 weeks today. I'm also considering a D&C if only to get started earlier with a potential rainbow baby. I'm interested in what others have to say.

ETA There was no heartbeat on the ultrasound.
  • Options
    It looks like a bad day for us Cubs fans...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing. So sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your loss also
  • Options
    silentPsilentP member
    edited December 2015
    So sorry for your losses! I felt pretty good the next day, but due to the anesthesia I just laid low at home and didn't drive at all. (Not supposed to drive for 24 hours). I had mild discomfort that ibuprofen helped with, but it wasn't anything too bad at all. I was back to work a few days later.

Also, I was told by my doctor not to have sex or use tampons for 4 weeks. But it seems like that advice varies.
    All the best to you.

ETA: I hope baby is somehow fine and just measuring small!
  • Options
    Thank you @silentp. Did your Dr give any advice about when you could try again? We'd like to try sooner than later.
  • Options
    So sorry for your losses. I didn't have any difficulty after my d&c. No pain at all just light bleeding. I took it easy for 24 hrs per my dr and no driving due to anesthesia but overall was physically ok. Now mentally & emotionally I was a mess and still am. I'm 8 weeks out from my d&c tomorrow. I was told to wait 2 cycles but if it happened after the first it would be ok. I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    I was also told to wait two cycles. I got my period back almost one month to the day of my D&C.