Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Vote for your favorite November Siggy!

It's already the end of November! Can you believe it?! Leave your votes in the comments for your favorite November siggy, and suggestions for December's challenge! Tomorrow I'll make a poll for the winner, and a separate poll for the December challenge.
Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
"It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Re: Vote for your favorite November Siggy!

• Options
    I'm voting for @MrsDho11 and the phallic turkey cakes.

For December, I wouldn't be opposed to continuing with the Pinterest fails: Christmas Edition. Or maybe funny Elf on the Shelf ideas?

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 does have much "happier" looking turkey cakes. Mine is a little more flaccid and sad.

^^Things I never thought I would do- compare (turkey) penises.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 does have much "happier" looking turkey cakes. Mine is a little more flaccid and sad.

^^Things I never thought I would do- compare (turkey) penises.
    I actually like (as much as you can like such things) your turkey penis because the color is so realistic. Some of the other turkey penises seem to be doing double duty (wait for it) as turkey turds. 

Anyway, I would like to officially vote for @NovaSaysNo 's highly realistic turkey penis. 
  • Options
    I can't decide between all the poop turkeys and turkey penises. All gave me plenty of nightmares.

For December maybe a snowman/angel/whatever theme?

• Options
    @anj27 aww thanks. I'm suddenly highly aware that anything I say about turkey penises is going to be awkward.
  • Options
    @NovaSaysNo Yours was a definite contender for me for the reasons @anj27 mentioned, but I had to choose and ultimately I just went with the one with more penises. Haha.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited November 2015
    @sldp123, oh I completely understand, @MrsDho11's do look nicer. She has both quantity AND quality turkey penises.

Edited to add words.
  • Options
    I wonder how many times we can say "turkey penis" in one thread. 
  • Options
    I've had a pretty awful week, so I'm really hoping it's a lot.
  • Options
    Is there a TOU for turkey penises?

• Options
    Bahahahaha! I love this thread! :smiley: making my annoying start to the day a little bit better.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    Is there a TOU for turkey penises?
    If there is then I've burned through my three warnings already.
  • Options
    chrlyrchrlyr member
    edited November 2015
    @housewifehobbyist . I love the creepy cinnamon roll turkey spiders. ETA: wtf desktop site. Why won't you let me tag properly?
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Huh, my earlier comment got cut off?  I must have hit "post reply" before I was done somehow.  I blame phones + fat fingers.  Anyway @NovaSaysNo I admit that I saw the picture for yours when I was looking at them, and purposely chose the happier turkey penises!  :smile:

I'll vote for @severmilli12 because I don't even know what animal that is supposed to be, but I love how deranged the failed one looks. 

• Options
    NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited November 2015
    @MrsDho11, a wise decision. I didn't put nearly as much thought into the "happiness" factor back then as I am now. My poor, flaccid turkey...

My vote is for the scary pumpkin! I have to go find it and come back to tag.

Edited to tag @Mlight28 for the scary pumpkin thing. Also forgot to mention I love @chrlyr's too. So many to choose from!
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 gets my vote for the gift of copious turkey penis turds. (I giggled as I typed it, so I'm doing it again for fun.) Turkey penis turds!

For December, would you be open to awkward holiday critters? Santas, elves, snow creatures, Michael Bublé... The possibilities are endless.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    For December, I'd like to toss out the idea of holiday furbabies.  Only because I haven't dressed mine up in a couple years, but Petco's Black Friday deals were just too good to pass up this year!  :)  In fact, I may just do that anyway regardless of the official challenge...

• Options
    @Darthfuriosa - Unrelated: I love your siggy!  :)

• Options

I am dying at the descriptions of the turkey fails. LOL!

• Options
    I should've known my tur(d)key cake wouldn't go over well. I can't wait to take it down tomorrow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited November 2015

@thetamedshrew - what kills me about yours is it's in a case. With a label. That wasn't just pintrest fail... A STORE SOLD THAT!

• Options
    @TheTamedShrew, your turdkey always made me smile! But I agree, I'm ready to take mine down too. It's HUGE! I could only find two sizes and that was the smaller one.
  • Options
    Oh! What about store fails for December? Like...

• Options
    Once we pick a new one, if anyone needs help with the HTML on theirs, let me know! I'm more than happy to help them out.  @NovaSaysNo, that includes making them smaller! :wink:

• Options
    MrsDho11 said:

Once we pick a new one, if anyone needs help with the HTML on theirs, let me know! I'm more than happy to help them out.  @NovaSaysNo, that includes making them smaller! :wink:

You are my favorite.
  • Options
    Same offer for the html formatting from me. We can split the workload, @MrsDho11 :)
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    I'm with you @LittleMissTimeLord. I came in partway through the month so I didn't participate this month. Just wait for December. 

Also, Elf on the Shelf would be great. My niece's is named Salisha (Yes she picked it herself) and she seems to get herself into some trouble.

Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
    Elf on the Shelf!!
  • Options
    #1 - I think my fav is @NovaSaysNo
    #2 - I agree with Elf on the Shelf for Dec
    #3 - I am going to need assistance from whomever is offering to get my pic to be smaller
  • Options
    I also love the Elf on the Shelf idea!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

• Options
    So... can we just take a vote now for elf on the shelf for the month of December and agree that everyone with a turkey penis siggy is a winner this month? Turkey Peni? Penises? for the win forevermore.
    I support all of this.

• Options
    I'm not big on Elf on the Shelf, but I'll happily go rogue!  :)  

• Options
    @MrsDho11 I'm also not a fan of Elf on the Shelf... I find it terrifying. But I'm happy to make up for it with gifs of Buddy the Elf!
  • Options
    @LINDSEYRVA - they don't creep me out or anything, I just don't "get" it. To me they're not that cute and definitely overpriced.  *shrug*  To each their own!  And I don't have any Christmas decorations because I move ~once a year and I don't feel like adding decorations to all the crap I have to pack up every time!

• Options
    What is this "elf of the shelf" you speak of?

Also, I'm not sure how to pick winners for November. I enjoyed all the signatures so much one afternoon I gathered them all up and showed them to DH. We got some good laughs out of all the Pinterest fails and penis turkeys.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    No biggie, we can do a vote! For the gals not interested in elf on the shelf, what would you prefer? I'll put up a poll in the morning with all of the suggestions.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird