April 2016 Moms

April Moms what are you registering for?

trying to decide what are the best of all things baby to register for...
Bottles
Diapers
Bath products
Swings
Play pen
Anything and everything!!

What are you registering for??

Re: April Moms what are you registering for?

• As a STM I have a secret registry just for the completion discount. It has diapers, wipes and a few spare parts for my pump. The grandparents are aware of it if they want to get gifts otherwise we pretty much have everything from #1.
  • Check out Lucies List! A STM on here recommended it, and DH and I had it open on the phone while we registered.. It was helpful, because toys r us had way to much crap suggested, and Lucies list also recommends brands.
  • Loading the player...
  • I liked the book baby bargains for helping me pick out specific brands and items. Definitely saved more than the cost of the book and it was useful for friends.
  • I registered for everything I plan to purchase. Including furniture, car seat etc in order to get the completion discount at the end and the cashback percentage (babies r us).
  • I looked at some lists and just registered for what I think I need for the first 3 months-ish because I am moving but I think other people register for lots more stuff. The bump has a big list of stuff to register for and it has multiple categories. My friend helped me too and she said not to register for clothes because I'm having a shower and people will get those anyway and I only registered for like 2 bottles because I'm planning to breastfeed. I didn't register for many diapers either because people on here said they might not fit or whatever.
  • Mostly cloth diapers (we're doing pre-folds and covers so we need a lot of gear to get started). Stroller and car seat. A few crib sheets that go with our nursery color scheme. A baby k'tan wrap. A couple of baby/toddler story time Bibles.

I know there's a lot more that we'll want to get, but I'm trying to sort through what we actually will need and NOT register for a bunch of crap that's just going to sit around the house and cause unnecessary clutter! We already were given a nice cherry crib and changing table set, so that is two big things out of the way.
  • As a STM, I am only registering for things I will need 2 of. A second monitor, another changing pad, some new bottles, another diaper genie, etc. But this is a private registry and I created more as a shopping list so I could know what I still need to get.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm a FTM, we just started our registry at Target.  We made a huge spreadsheet with all the things we may need to register for (we were feeling overwhelmed!)  Target has a pretty good checklist on their registry site that I found helpful too.  Plus just hanging out with our friends that have babies we've thought of more things too!

Other things that aren't on your list yet that you might want to consider: 

-Baby thermometer 
    -Burp cloths
    -Swaddle cloths (although not registering for too many since don't know what Baby will prefer)
    -Carrier
    -Stroller
    -Car seat
    -Diaper pail
    -Diaper bag
    -Bath wash/shampoo
    -Baby towels/washcloths

• So far, I have three registries (WalMart, Target & Babies R Us). They mostly have every possible item that I think we will need except for clothes and nursery furniture . As stated earlier, many people will purchase clothing for your LO if you're having a baby shower. Also, I registered for quite a few children's books and developmental toys.
  • I just used the BabysRUs registry checklist and registered for everything I don't already have. If I don't get items that are registered, I'll just buy them myself later.
  • I an also doing a private registry for a rock n play which I didn't have for my first but i have heard such good things that I really want one this time around. A second high chair. I need baby gates for both children and some other baby proofing items so those will all be there as well. Other than that I am good to go besides girl clothes but I will just wait to see what MIL and others go crazy with.
  • Motiejmr said:

I an also doing a private registry for a rock n play which I didn't have for my first but i have heard such good things that I really want one this time around. A second high chair. I need baby gates for both children and some other baby proofing items so those will all be there as well. Other than that I am good to go besides girl clothes but I will just wait to see what MIL and others go crazy with.

I think I saw that Target has FP gear 20% off on Cartwheel right now. Not sure what all is covered and when it expires, but worth a look!
    Anniversary