October 2015 Moms

Stop waiting...

For all the type "a" mamas out there, if you are anything like me, you read and researched and questioned everything about conception. Then, when you found out you were pregnant you did the same thing all over again. You've read up on sleep patterns and feeding schedules and brain development toys and pacifiers- to use or not to use, feeding- bottle vs breast, and with every new answer comes ten more questions. Take a minute today- as I made myself do- to stop and appreciate. As a bunch of my fellow friends/ mothers were trying to encourage me with their comments of "in a few weeks he'll be doing this" or "next month he'll be done with that" I realized that for the first time in a long time I'm not anticipating the next step. I'm happily enjoying the "right now". It's not all peaches and cream and some days I'm exhausted or cranky or hormonal. But never again will my little man be this tiny or squishy or adorable. Well, he'll still be adorable, but in a different way. Every day that he makes a new face or becomes more alert or gets a little bit heavier in my arms, I want to soak in because this is what I waited for my whole life. I'll enjoy when he walks or talks or sleeps through the night but for now- I'm going to soak up our late nights when I get to watch his smiles or hear his little gurgles. They'll be gone in a flash.

Re: Stop waiting...