June 2016 Moms
Options

Esophagus/Throat Burning after Vomiting

Hello friends,

I'm 9w 5d and my vomiting has shifted from morning to evening. Morning vomit was easier to throw up since my stomach was empty-ish but my evening vomit is incredibly painful because I guess the food I've eaten during the day isn't totally digested. I'm not throwing up constantly -- just a couple of times an evening -- so I'm surprised at how painful my throat and esophagus have become.

Drinking water only hurts the burning more -- anyone have any suggestions on how to relieve the burning?

Re: Esophagus/Throat Burning after Vomiting

• Options
    Cold foods have helped me. Today iced water was helpful. Depends on the day but applesauce and pudding that has been stored in the fridge helps once I can get food down again.
  • Options
    Burning could be from stomach acid. Try something milk-based if you can stomach it, I believe milk tends to neutralize any acids so it could help with the burning if its acid related.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, try whole milk if you can get it down.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I would never have tried milk for fear that it will curdle but it surprisingly helped some! 
  • Options
    The burning is from the stomach acid. Milk is a great idea as pps said. Tums should help too. Try to limit acidic foods in the evenings of you can, which should also help.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I go for crackers (non salted not buttered) with some yoghurt milk (I think plain yoghurt works fine though) after throwing up and it helps a lot with the burning
  • Options
    I too get sick in the evenings. I try to limit the amount of acidic foods after lunch. That helped my throat from burning.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    Two words: Ice cream.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Actually dairy doesn't help. If you are going to throw up it will burn anyway it's acid. Zantac I used my last pregnancy, OB said it is fine in pregnancy. Calcium products such as milk and tums actually encourage your body to make more acid. You can always ask dr for Prilosec as well. The burning may b that your esophagus is raw at this point.

Me:: 32 DH: 37

TTC since 2008

8+ IUI's

IVF June 2013 fresh 2 grade 1 embryos-BFN

IVF frozen transfer Aug 16 2013- 3 embryos=SUCCESS!!!

BabyFetus Ticker