Infertility
Options

Quick Question...Scared the RE might kill me if I call the on call number again

Quick Synopsis-Have done hsg and 2 cycles of clomid--had polyp removal surgery november 19th; went in to get one small removed, they found 6 "tiny" is the word he used to describe them after surgery.  Since the surgery was so light, RE said no need to skip a month TTC...so we planned on upping the clomid dose to 150 and started injections.  

Since the surgery there has been on and off bleeding--hard to decipher when period started...so called RE and asked opinion didn't want to mess up first round of injectables since they are super cycle day specific.  He said since we can't be sure of cycle start day we should just do the higher dose of clomid this month and do clomid + injectables next month.  

So I started clomid 2 days ago have had very light bleeding (not normal period for me) and now (would be day 3 of clomid) I am not bleeding at all...is this ok???  I also have heard you can only do 6 cycles of clomid in a lifetime...so I'm just kind of freaking out about everything....is it ok, to take if not bleeding???  Should I call ...anyone had similar experiences or can you take clomid with what seems like only a 3 or maybe 4 of bleeding???

Appreciate any thoughts or experiences....apologies for freaking a little bit....

Re: Quick Question...Scared the RE might kill me if I call the on call number again

• Options
    Sorry @J+A2008, I don't have any experience with this...hope someone can help out, I don't suspect it will hurt to take again today and wait until Monday to call your RE as I don't think this would qualify as a medical emergency?
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no personal experience with your particular situation. Had everything lined up perfectly, there would have most likely been days you would be taking Clomid and would not be bleeding. I've read other ladies on here getting nervous because their doctors told them to just "pick a day" as day one and start day 3. Just make sure your doctor monitors you to make sure you can time IC if not doing an IUI. Given your REs advice, I would just relax and trust your RE.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    I have now experience with the surgery. But on my clomid rounds I started day five through nine and was not bleeding any day of this last clomid cylcle. Hope this helps !
  • Options
    Keep taking clomid even if you aren't bleeding. That's exactly what my dr told me to do. Even thought I hadn't got a BFP yet. Hope this helps
  • Options
    *not experienced the surgery

Sorry autocorrect!