June 2015 Moms
Options

Products and Purchases - December

Starting a bit early but didn't want to reactivate an old thread.

So what high chairs is everyone using?

Re: Products and Purchases - December

• Options
    Good call on this thread. My mom sent me a $100 visa giftcard to buy presents for LO, but I have NO IDEA what to buy

We bought out highchair back when I purchased the rest of my registry so I got the completion discount on it. We got the Grace Blossom, I just put it together the other day, thinking he was *finally* old enough for it, and I totally could have been using it sooner I think. Other than my slack ass in beginning to use it, I dig it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005XJ2VGE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1448813542&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=graco+blossom+4-in-1+high+chair+seating+system&dpPl=1&dpID=41+ejwjUtXL&ref=plSrch
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    enigmaticjjenigmaticjj member
    edited November 2015
    I have the same high chair @mellymar linked above.  The tray is nice and wide.  We haven't started solids yet, just sit her in it when we eat.  Speaking of high chairs, we bought this to help keep her entertained while in the chair and she loves it.  She laughed the first time I stuck it to the tray while she was sitting in it.  I'd just suggest pushing it down every now and then to make sure the suction cup is suctioned well.

Edit to add:  A friend has this same toy and she said its nice to bring to restaurants as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have this one. The Graco Duo Diner. We've used it since LO was like 3 months old because it reclined. You can also remove the tray and pull it up to the table. We do that a lot while we eat. So far, it's a nice high chair!

https://m.albeebaby.com/graco-duodiner-lx-high-chair-botany.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&gdftrk=gdfV21377_a_7c623_a_7c12148_a_7c1891166&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4eqyBRDUh7Omv9vCtsoBEiQAspfs8kbjVZyE8orbPg9OnXCt8FmZZkQkgztAQ1HRywMMejQaAlNG8P8HAQ
  • Options
    This is ours! We've been using it during our meal time since about 4 months. It has an infant seat so LO could sit up supported

https://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=52186696
  • Options
    upandbelowupandbelow member
    edited November 2015
    eta: sorry about the repost
  • Options
    We have the Chicco Poppy. It's good, but all high chairs seem the same to me,
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    We have 2 of these for the twins. They are nice because you don't have that bulky high chair hanging around the kitchen or dining area.

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=53950966&cp=2255957.2273443.4392756.2256183&parentPage=family
  • Options
    The space saver one is great and it attaches onto a regular chair so it's less invasive and the baby is really part of the dinner experience.
  • Options
    My MIL just bought this one for LO for Christmas. I can't wait for it to get here so we can try it out. Our kitchen isn't very big so I wanted one that attaches to a chair. And it's on sale right now!
    https://m.target.com/p/fisher-price-spacesaver-high-chair/-/A-17458564
  • Options
    LO has been sitting up very well so she's in an adjustable booster at the main table at home with a hand towel to make it a little softer seat. We found it at Toys R Us. I think it was their brand.
  • Options
    Anyone got a good sippy cup recc?
  • Options
    We are going to be skipping the high chair and just doing the lap.
  • Options
    I had this high chair up until today, sold it and bought an ikea one instead. IKEA one is so much cleaner, compact, cheaper and more hygeinic.

Has anyone tried their LO on straw sippy cups?
  • Options
    hudson202hudson202 member
    edited December 2015
    ^^no, but I did buy LO a sippy cup for christmas. I figure we will try her using one in the next couple of months.

Eta I bought the nuk brand that was on sale on amazon the other day.
  • Options
    @hoodoll82 we got the lansinoh one. It's more of a suction than a straight sippy cup. "Transitional" cup I think?
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I don't even know what to get because she won't drink from a bottle. I let her play with dd's old silly cup the other day and she seemed to know what to do with it but didn't lift it up far enough (I put probably 1/2 oz breastmilk in it) maybe I'll try with water just to see if she can figure the whole cup thing out before filling it with milk
  • Options
    Thanks all! Our doc told us to start having her try one but yeah, never bought one.
  • Options
    ^^ good question. I also feel as if I know nothing.
  • Options
    And what do you put in it? Water? And how much? And why? Wouldn't it make more sense to introduce it closer to a year when you'd be switching to milk and weaning off bottles? Sippy cups confuse me.
  • Options
    My doc said to have her try water from a sippy cup. And she made a big deal of making sure our water has fluoride. I dunno, sometimes I question my pedi...
  • Options
    JMott22JMott22 member
    edited December 2015
    I know absolutely nothing, I'm probably doing it wrong because it's not working. I give Lily a sippy cup when she's in her highchair, so I can get things done in the kitchen. She is 30/70 sitting on her own, but with breakfast she can spoon feed like a champ.(30'being when she is good sitting) Does she actually drink it? NO! The sippy cup will keep her occupied. But if I give her bottle in the chair she will take it. I try the sippy cup each day, but I am only getting wins when she can hold the bottle. She loves to play with the cup though, so I guess that's a start???

ETA...I've been using formula, but may try the water suggestion, since she isn't actually drinking it yet.
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

My doc said to have her try water from a sippy cup. And she made a big deal of making sure our water has fluoride. I dunno, sometimes I question my pedi...

I was trying to buy distilled water this week because I think we are going to be switching to formula soon. I noticed the "nursery water" was fluorinated. I thought that was very strange. She doesn't have teeth yet, why would she need fluoride? Does it have some other benefit?

• Options
    We have well water so it doesn't have fluoride. Womp womp
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited December 2015
    My town is like 70% well water, we just happen to have town water, which I'm thankful for when we lose power! We have septic though so we got that to worry about. Not used to this rural living yet...

My LO does have teeth so I think that why the pedi is pushing the fluoride thing?

@hudson202 don't overspend on fancy water for formula if you don't need to! Most filtered tap water is fine, and cheaper just to buy a Brita filter! The only no no is using hot tap water - feel free to check in with us ladies on the formula mamas thread :)
  • Options
    @hudson202 I also use filtered tap water for my formula. I purchased a faucet mount Pur Ultimate filter for like $40 up front, and I think a 3 pack of the replacement filters costs $20.
  • Options
    ^^so insightful. Thank you!
  • Options
    Hey ladies! It's about the time that I upgrade LO's carseat as he is quickly approaching the weight limit of his infant car seat. Any recommendations?

*~Happily Married to my Best Friend!~* 
    TTC #1 since 2012, no luck! 
    4 Rounds of Clomid @ 100mg +Preseed, BFP November 2013!
     MMC January 2014 @ 11w2d
    Laparoscopy/Dye Test August 2014 showed blocked fallopian tubes - both cleared! :D
    BFP September 2014!

It's a BOY! And I'm one happy mom <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ^^^really?! What's the weight limit on your infant seat? We've got another 20 lbs before we hit ours. We're looking into the Graco 4ever, Britax Marathon ClickTight, or Boulevard ClickTight. There's also a new Graco seat coming out in January that's supposed to be good and relatively inexpensive.
  • Options
    We have one graco 4ever and one britax marathon. If I did my better research and wasn't trying to be a brand snob pre-baby I would've gotten 2 graco 4evers.
  • Options
    @Sjeff0816 weight limit is 35 lbs but our LO was 21 lbs at his 4 month check up. Ok... maybe I'm jumping the gun a little... hahaha! Just trying to be prepared. Thanks for the recommendations ladies!

*~Happily Married to my Best Friend!~* 
    TTC #1 since 2012, no luck! 
    4 Rounds of Clomid @ 100mg +Preseed, BFP November 2013!
     MMC January 2014 @ 11w2d
    Laparoscopy/Dye Test August 2014 showed blocked fallopian tubes - both cleared! :D
    BFP September 2014!

It's a BOY! And I'm one happy mom <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't necessarily think it's jumping the gun...infant seats aren't necessary you can use a convertible car seat from day one. I hate lugging mine any place so will probably install my convertible in the coming days. It's not any less safe so I don't know what the fuss is about. They're from 5lb up...
  • Options
    We came home from the hospital in the convertible seat. We had an infant seat that came with the jogging stroller, but couldn't get it installed correctly in my car. We wanted a convertible seat anyway so getting another infant seat didn't seem worth the money. We got the graco 4ever one I think...eventually converts to the booster seat up to 100 lbs. It's been great so far other than it's heavy and little cumbersome to move to another vehicle, but that's probably true of most convertible seats.
  • Options
    ^ Yes! Someone just gave us some pampers swim diapers and we were wondering the same thing!!
  • Options
    ElRuby said:

^ I believe we are always swimming in pee, both baby and adult .... Yuck

Gross. But probably true