June 2016 Moms

Nursery progress *pics*

I decided to start working on the nursery today! We have two extra bedrooms in the house one is pink and the other is green. Originally I was going to wait until the anatomy scan to choose a room but I decided green would be fine for a girl or a boy. I haven't done any wall decorations yet, it's still a work in progress. Anyone else started working on the nursery yet and want to share pics?

Re: Nursery progress *pics*

• kayla2536kayla2536 member
    edited November 2015
    My husband just started clearing out the space in our 1 bdrm apartment last night where the nursery will go. We call it the "nook". It's about 6x10, plenty of space until our house is built :)
  • We are going to take the popcorn ceiling off the office ceiling, paint, and replace the ceiling fan/light and then move DS into a "big boy room" with a toddler bed. Our nursery will mostly be the same as DS's is now (same crib, dresser, paint and glider) but with new decor. We will start on DS's big boy room after Christmas, and then put the finishing touches on the "new" nursery closer to when baby is due.
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • I wish!! We had a beautiful nursery for my 1 year old but recently gutted our entire house! I can't wait to move back in there and do the nursery again! If it's a boy we'll stick with the same one we had for my son which is gray with red, white and blue accents (doesn't look as patriotic as it seems) and if it's a girl I'll do gray with soft pink and white accents! Congrats on getting started, so exciting!
  • I would love to be setting up a nursery but unfortunately this baby won't get one, or at leas not at first. We currently live in a 2 bedroom trailer and the second room is dd's bedroom so this baby will be in a pack n play in our room for a while. We are just hoping and praying that everything comes together for us to be able to start building by the time baby is born. 
    January Siggy Challenge: Why I don't shop at Walmart 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• We currently rent a duplex and it's 2 bedrooms but we're planning on starting to look for a house in February and go through the pre-approval process. Our lease is up in June and baby is due in June so we're hoping to have everything work out perfectly timing wise and be able to move into a house before baby comes so a nursery won't be done until last minute :(
  • kayla2536 said:

My husband just started clearing out the space in our 1 bdrm apartment last night where the nursery will go. We call it the "nook". It's lyrically

We had our first in a "nook"--and we were able to make it adorable. Our LO who is now a year and a half still sleeps in his mini crib even though we moved and he now has his own room.

• I'm more worried about moving my DD to a big girl room than setting up a nursery! Our house has a master and small bedroom on the main floor, and two bedrooms in the basement (lots of windows, walk out). It's going to be tough moving her to a new room on a different floor from us!

The nursery will probably stay pretty much the same. It already has blue walls, and will just need a little decor change if it's a boy this time.
  • We are moving my son to a new room and redoing his room as the nursery again for baby number two. Will start my sons new room after the holidays, and the nursery after he has moved out!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• scotten said:

I'm more worried about moving my DD to a big girl room than setting up a nursery! Our house has a master and small bedroom on the main floor, and two bedrooms in the basement (lots of windows, walk out). It's going to be tough moving her to a new room on a different floor from us!

The nursery will probably stay pretty much the same. It already has blue walls, and will just need a little decor change if it's a boy this time.

You could always put a video monitor in her room? Maybe that would help ease the transition until you all get used to it? Set up a play room down there for her now and let her have some play time alone there (child proofed of course?)
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• We haven't started yet. Our two extra bedrooms are currently filled to capacity. One is our office/guest room #1/sewing room with all my machines up. The other is another guest room and the bunny room, where our rabbit Reggie is. Plus the closet in that room is full of the rest of my sewing crap. Notions, thread, Serger cones and patterns etc. lol.

My MIL said I'm not allowed To start the nursery until she comes out in the spring because she wants to help with it. And she's already told us that she and my mom are purchasing the furniture. My in-laws are in Texas and we are in California so it's the least I can do, to wait and have her help. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi those are cute. I still have at least 6 months left though and would be afraid of things getting dusty. So far our only only big purchase was the carseat, which arrived damaged :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NLewis1 said:

scotten said:

I'm more worried about moving my DD to a big girl room than setting up a nursery! Our house has a master and small bedroom on the main floor, and two bedrooms in the basement (lots of windows, walk out). It's going to be tough moving her to a new room on a different floor from us!

You could always put a video monitor in her room? Maybe that would help ease the transition until you all get used to it? Set up a play room down there for her now and let her have some play time alone there (child proofed of course?)
    Oh definitely. I already have a video monitor picked out. Her playroom is already down there, so it's just a matter of change for everyone!
  • Corts said:

Hi those are cute. I still have at least 6 months left though and would be afraid of things getting dusty. So far our only only big purchase was the carseat, which arrived damaged :(

That's disappointing the car seat arrived damaged. I took the blankets straight out of the box of bedding from DS and put them on just to take a picture. I will definitely be washing things closer to baby's arrival, and the furniture should be easy to dust.

• I'm planning on painting as soon as I feel better.  i don't want to do much more until we find out the sex. 

I do want to find a dresser, though, as I think I'll paint that as well.  I might experiment with chalk paint.
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • scotten said:

I really wanted to move DS into the room pictured above as the nursery but he absolutely refused. His current room is a tad bit smaller than the nursery and I thought he would want to have the bigger room but I was wrong. All of the bedrooms are on the same level and same hallway of the house so it didn't make too much of a difference either way.

• izzyp25 said:

We just started this weekend. We painted the room a light pale green and put together the crib!

I love this color. Our nursery is a very similar color, maybe ours is a bit more pale. Hard to say for sure judging from a picture. Putting the crib togther feels like such a milestone for me!
  • @WSU2015 and @izzyp25 you ladies are on top of this!!!!

We won't get the room together until January when we know the sex. My office (I work from home) is where the baby room is. We need to figure out how to get our cable line (for Internet for my desktop) into the basement so I can move my office downstairs. The cable guy wouldn't drill through the basement wall, so we have to run the cable down the interior wall. Hoping to do this before January, because my mom is going to come out to help set up the nursery! I can't wait!!!
  • @chloe97 When I was pregnant with DS I put off working on the nursery until I was about 30 weeks and my feet and back were not happy about it. DH ended up doing most of it by himself because I was so big and sore. I took the opposite approach this time. And I'm 12 weeks now and I'm feeling really good! I still have a lot I need to do like move the recliner/rocker into the nursery along with the swing. And I'll probably put the pack n play in my bedroom instead of leaving it in the nursery.
  • I am so confused about all of this. We have a 3 bedroom house and my mom is here almost every weekend. Soooo it makes it difficult for me to use both rooms and not keep a guest room. I think I will leave DS in his room and then do a crib in the guest room and leave the queen bed in there....or do some sort of trundle bed. Regardless of what we do, I need to keep a bed. No idea!
  • Hmmm. This is our current situation. Leftover kids consignment sale crap piled on top of DH's CPA study material, with a few Christmas presents on top of that.... We did move the changing table out of DS's room since I'm hoping to have him potty trained by the new year. Otherwise, it's a guest room gone wrong until January. I keep the door tightly shut when people come over. It's like the secret closet in Monica's apartment on Friends.

@Bear14+ I'm in the same boat as you. This is where my parents sleep when they come to visit (minus the crap). I don't know what to do with this queen bed or where to put guests.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is so difficult for me. I wasnt expecting pregnancy at all and I'm totally unprepared. My doctor has been telling me that I can't have kids. I'm not in a stable position to even give the baby a nursery. I wish I could but she will be sleeping in my room. I feel like a horrible mom already, but hopefully everything will be settled for her in a year.
  • Not even close.  We outgrew our two bedroom apartment the day we moved in.  I'd love to be in a house before June- but I'm extremely doubtful about that possibility.  In the meantime I am planning on moving my husband's office into the corner of our bedroom.  Unfortunately, before I can do that we need to move some of the furniture from the living room into the office/ spare bedroom so that we can put up a Christmas tree this year (really need to be out of the apartment by next December).  I will probably wait until the end of February when we find out the sex to start really decorating.  

@mom2beEbby seriously don't stress the lack of nursery.  I know plenty of good parents that needed to share a bedroom with their kids.  Some people choose to keep the kids in their rooms even if they have the extra space for them.  All that matters is that you find a way to make the situation work for your family.  If it wasn't for our two cats we would leave the office furniture in the other bedroom and share our room with baby too.  I'm terrified of our cats climbing into the crib with the baby- so I need the door for peace of mind.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• mom2beEbbymom2beEbby member
    edited November 2015
    @Wsu2015 and @LilLynch2015 Thanks ladies. Im trying to stay positive with all of this.
  • @mom2beEbby when my mom and her twin sister was born, my grandparents had them sleeping in open dresser drawers with a blanket on the bottom of them. Check out your local FB buy/sell site -you can get a pack n play for $30 and everything else that you need for much less. You can do this!
  • This is so difficult for me. I wasnt expecting pregnancy at all and I'm totally unprepared. My doctor has been telling me that I can't have kids. I'm not in a stable position to even give the baby a nursery. I wish I could but she will be sleeping in my room. I feel like a horrible mom already, but hopefully everything will be settled for her in a year.

Our DD stayed in our room until she was 9 months! We had a one bed when we had her and only put her to her own room when we bought a place. Whether you have lots of space or not your baby will spend some time with you in your room at the beginning anyways (in a lot of cases). We had a crib bought but moved state so she ended up in the $40 pack n play until 9 months too. You can make it work. All the baby will need is love and food I promise!  Don't let things like nursery overwhelm you. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• edited December 2015
    Put together our crib over the weekend. But that's as far as we have gotten. I still need to get all of our other stuff out of the room. It is currently my crafting room/library and my husbands home brew supply storage room. So much stuff and nowhere to put it! But baby is gonna need that stuff out of there eventually.
  • Not sure why this didn't attach to my previous post. But here's our pic.
  • Wow, some of you are so prepared already! We do know which room we will be using lol... Are house is super old so we have to redo the ceiling, floor and walls...ugh. It's our secret junk room as well :blush:
  • My nursery is our catch all junk room and also the best hiding spot for Christmas presents.  So it will be a while before we start on our nursery.  I would like to do it sooner rather than later but that just doesn't seem like it will happen.  

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me:23  DH:26
    Married: 6/7/14
    DS: 3/19/12
    Baby #2: June 2016
  • Wow the only thing I have gotten into the nursery so far is a couple boxes of diapers and a gender neutral outfit. I'm still not completely decided on what to do with the guest bed that's in there now. I was waiting until I was further along but at 12 weeks, it's already been kind of rough for me and I can guess it's only going to get worse. Maybe I should get to working on it before then.
  • We haven't started yet either. In fact, I am kind of nervous to buy things now. I want to wait until I start my 2nd trimester. I still will be nervous, but at least I will have made it to 2nd trimester. I am not sure of colors yet, but I do want to paint the room. It's our guest room right now with a queen bed, dresser and night stand. I need to figure out how to keep a guest room and nursery together since the other room is over the garage (its not very well insulated) and is our office. So many decisions. We are not finding out the sex either, well that's the plan, so I would like the room to be gender neutral.
  • My nursery....well house for that matter..... is still being built. We aren't scheduled to move in till late April or May. That should be fun 8 months pregnant in south Texas. On the upside I picked a mint for the walls in that room so that will work for a girl or boy!