March 2016 Moms
Options

Unsoliciting Belly touching..

2»

Re: Unsoliciting Belly touching..

• Options
    Theres a woman I work with who smokes like a chimney. At the most random times she will give my belly a couple pats without asking me and then chuckle for no reason. I don't know what bothers me more, her smoker hands all over my belly, that she chuckles everytime or the unsolicited touching. Not to mention I've only been working there for a month.
  • Options
    I've only had 2 ppl do it, both coworkers and it surprised me so I didn't have time to react. It's weird because I'm not a touchy feely person at all, but I would never swat someone's hand away or ask them not to touch my belly because I know they aren't doing it for a negative reason- like it's not like male coworker trying to rub my shoulders, it's a person excited and happy for me about a baby. I don't get why ppl do it since I would never want to touch someone's belly...but I wonder what they are expecting? Do they think they will feel the baby kick or something? I don't get it, and it's weird, but it also doesn't offend me or bother me to the point where I would be mad at someone about it. It is what it is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's getting worse at work. It's enough that the other girls do it all the time. But even some of my customers are getting awfully touchy. I don't know, some people I really don't care about but others it's a little weird, especially when a few beers have been had. I'm glad I'm behind the bar most of the time so there is a block. Some people don't care though.
  • Options
    I felt a little sad with my first kiddo that not a single person touched my belly.  One coworker did, but she asked first.  I felt at the time, accepting of all the baby love that came my way.  This time, my husband's coworker's girlfriend randomly rubbed my belly at the holiday party.  It surprised me and was a little odd, but I'm not upset about it... it wasn't such a random stranger after all...  ??
  • Options
    From January 2016

I worked at a Vietnamese-run nail salon, and all the techs were Vietnamese. Apparently it's part of their culture that they don't really respect personal space, and from the time I announced at 20 weeks (I didn't show until almost 29 weeks), they would all come up and randomly rub my belly without asking. I HATE being touched, and especially without permission, but I was almost helpless because my manager threatened to fire anyone who was even unintentionally rude to the techs. It was awful. Thankfully, since I quit, I've only dealt with SO's family touching without permission, but he's quick to step in and say, "She hates that and if you get punched for it, it's your fault."
  • Options
    I've had a few coworkers and a lot of my in laws touch my belly but as long as I know the person, it doesn't bother me much. But I HATE when people, especially strangers, start talking about the most inappropriate stuff just because I'm pregnant! At work, I've had customers ask me questions about my sex life or give me advice on 3rd trimester sex. I've had coworkers ask if I've peed my pants yet. And I'm pretty sure I'm scarred for life after my aunt in law (that neither my hubby or I can stand normally) starting talking about her boobs and bra size and then about spider veins in her friend's penis. Like WTF?! I don't want to hear any of this!!