1st Trimester

Positives then negatives

I tested on Tuesday night with a CBD and got a positive, as well as Wednesday morning. I had some cramping and brownish blood when I wiped and took another test mid-day. I got a very faint line and then struggled to even get a faint line. I know my urine was diluted - but I am still doubting myself. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Positives then negatives

• ecwkecwk member
    edited November 2015
    We cannot tell you for sure what this means. It may be that your urine isn't concentrated enough in the evening. If you were testing very early it could unfortunately have been a chemical pregnancy. Take another test in the morning, use a digital. Good luck.

Edit spelling

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Internet strangers have no way of knowing what is going to happen. Test again tomorrow with FMU. If you turned a digital and you haven't had heavy red bleeding, you are probably fine. 
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Loading the player...
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    Faint line means positive. Period. You can't get a second line, faint or otherwise, without being pregnant. And those tests don't test AMOUNT of HCG and base the heaviness of the line on that. It's a true or false only test. If yes, a line appears to a random degree. The quality of the line depends on the dye in the test, that's all. I believe this is in a sticky too but i learend this from the test manufacturer's website.

So if you're seeing two lines, congrats! I had cramping and spotting early on in my pregnancy too, around 5 weeks. Nobody knows what caused it. and it cleared up on its own. But any bleeding or spotting should be discussed with your care provider so make sure you alert them asap so they can make sure everything is still a-ok.
  • Hopefully it doesn't end the same way for you, but with my last pregnancy, I had a mix of positive and negative tests (different brands, same pee), which completely confused me.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be chemical, and the tests did that because some were picking up the lowish HCG level and some were not.  One was even digital.  The betas then dropped over a few days instead of rising. :(  I'd say get blood work done.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Thanks guys! I'm glad you had a similar experience @groovylocks! That makes me feel better - I got blood work done and took two more tests with more faint lines so that helped. Hopefully the results tomorrow will ease my mind. Thank you everyone
  • Are the tests you're taking all from the same package or shipment? (Bought together on the shelf on the same day?) maybe try a new brand or a new box of tests from a different store if you feel the need to do more. But it sounds like everything is good so far!