2nd Trimester
Options

Expecting mom with an unexpecting Nightmare

egyptain89egyptain89 member
edited November 2015 in 2nd Trimester
Today i am 15 weeks pregnant. I woke up from a dream where i was on a sinking ship during a storm. I can hear a baby crying and i see the baby's crib rocking around from one side of the room to the other. I finally caught the crib, the baby wasn't in there. I only found a monkey doll my stepson had when he was a baby. I can still hear it's cries. The lights went out and i woke scared out of my mind. I wish my boyfriend was here instead at work. Im scared to tell him what i dreamed. What is with the horrible dream? Somebody please help me.

Re: Expecting mom with an unexpecting Nightmare

• Options

Today i am 15 weeks pregnant. I woke up from a dream where i was on a sinking ship during a storm. I can hear a baby crying and i see the baby's crib rocking around from one side of the room to the other. I finally caught the crib, the baby wasn't in there. I only found a monkey doll my stepson had when he was a baby. I can still hear it's cries. The lights went out and i woke scared out of my mind. I wish my boyfriend was here instead at work. Im scared to tell him what i dreamed. What is with the horrible dream? Somebody please help me.

Sorry you're freaked out, dreams can be scary but they're just dreams so.......I don't know how to help you after that. Why are you scared to tell your boyfriend?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we all have them. It's your anxiety coming through. When I was pregnant with my first I had a recurring nightmare of us driving down the road when a tornado came upon us and I couldn't get her out of her car seat.
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies. Of course I know they are dreams and they are not real. It's just that this one was vivid. Disneygeek77, you are right. It must be my anxiety because lately i have been feeling stress with school, home, and becoming a mom. I just i got scared to tell him after i woke up because i didn't want him to worry.
  • Options
    Ever since becoming pregnant I have nightmares at least 3 nights a week.. Extremely vivid ones. It's just something that happens, I don't think there's any deeper meaning than that.
  • Options
    I think this is pretty common. I have extremely vivid dreams about my daughter about once a week. I tell my husband about them all because sometimes him giving me a hug and rubbing my belly is all it takes to make me feel better. Even though we know they are dreams they're still scary!
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    Actually nightmares, especially about babies, are so normal in pregnancy that it's a commonly discussed symptom. And they are almost always very, very vivid. I'm lucky in that i haven't had any nightmares involving babies. I've had nightmares instead involving people i care about and they are also very real. So real that i need about 10 minutes after waking up to figure out what happened and what didn't.

I'm not one of these people that believes that nightmares, or any dreams, always carry some hidden meaning. Most of them, I believe, are the output of the filtering and reorganizing your brain does every night, almost like a mental waste product. I think a lot of them give messages in terms of helping you deal with or acknowledge stressors or things you're not dealing with during the day - but in terms of "Oh this is harbinger of doom" absolute balderdash. But if your bf is one of those people who will interpret a dream to mean bad things to come or a sign of something that hasn't happened yet, it might be best to just say "I had a nightmare that I can't quite remember but i'm upset and need some hugs" and leave it at that.
  • Options
    I've had some funky dreams while pregnant. With my first, one I had was about a cobra that was trying to get me. I cut off its head, or my dog got it (don't remember clearly), but then the head was still alive and started running at me. It looked like one of those desert lizards (I'll see if I can find a pic). I screamed in my dream and in real life and jumped in both, also.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Good to know I'm not the only one with crazy dreams. Even knowing they aren't real doesn't mean they aren't a shock and upsetting. My last night dream I was at this strange beach and was cheating on my husband with this asian millionaire. I was upset when I woke up and my husband was confused why I was continuously apologizing lol.
  • Options
    I've had some pretty scary dreams about my future baby as well. especially when i first found out. i was always having dreams about miscarrying & my baby dying.. it was awful! but it's normal. i like to tell my SO about my crazy/scary dreams cause he always makes me feel better. but up to you! (:
  • Options
    I would honestly recommend you get used to it. As my pregnancy has progressed, so have the weirdness of my dreams. 38 weeks in they happen basically every night.