3rd Trimester

Carrying low

Since I started showing around 15weeks I have carried my bundle of joy very low.. I'm now 33 weeks and I everyone around me keeps saying that he is dropping even lower. Is it that noticeable when the baby drops? I mean, I haven't been able to "close my legs" since about 28 weeks... But I feel like he is in the same spot he has always been in.

Re: Carrying low

• Same here. My little boy has been low from the start. My mom comments all the time about how low he is. I can't imagine he can go any lower. If he does he will fall out!
  • I've been told I have been carrying about center, to somewhat low. But yes. It's noticeable when your baby drop, moves to a different spot, etc. Especially to those that are around you all the time! :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend (she's a mom to a 2 year old now) carried so low, she said the same.. that she was unable to even get her legs together. It is usually noticeable when baby drops. I'm one of those weird cases where my doc had to tell me because I still look kind of high. I have a short torso and did years of dance and kung fu so all those things may play a role. I heard some moms actually felt LO drop. I waited for that feeling but i never got it. Maybe if you're long in the waist? Every body is so different :)
  • Well, yesterday I went for the tour of my hospital. Turns out my doctor was on call! After the tour we asked to see to her to ask about the baby dropping and about my some pain that I was having down low.. She sent me
    To triage to run a few tests. Turns out the baby has dropped and I'm dilated to 2 cm. I am unable to feel my contractions, the only
    Pain I have is when I'm hurting down there. Ended up having to have streiod shot for my baby's lungs and 2 bags of fluid. Thankfully she allowed to to come home but I have to go back today to the doctor to get second shot and put on monitors. Thank goodness she was there because I would have just waited til Thursday for my appointment to be checked out instead of there at the hospital and she said I could have easily went into full swing labor at 34 weeks.....