1st Trimester

freaking out....

I got pregnant from ivf after a million nightmares.... woooopp buttttt I am freaking outtttt because i had a 6 week ultrasound and they couldnt see a heartbeat...my dr told me to be prepared for an ultrasound...soooo sad. has this happened to anyone else?

Re: freaking out....

• I got pregnant from ivf after a million nightmares.... woooopp buttttt I am freaking outtttt because i had a 6 week ultrasound and they couldnt see a heartbeat...my dr told me to be prepared for an ultrasound...soooo sad. has this happened to anyone else?
    6 weeks is still a little early to see a heart beat.  Did your dr schedule another ultrasound? I believe the heart starts being between 6-7 weeks. FX for a heartbeat.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Try not to freak out. Even a few days can make all the difference. Best of luck, hope you see the HB soon!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 weeks is early. Don't freak out yet. It's a long road. I always say that these early U/S can be more detrimental than useful, esp when you have a non-reassuring doc. Don't throw in the towel yet!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Not seeing a heartbeat is probably the number 1 fear of every woman in early pregnancy. I know it definitely was for me. As others said 6 weeks is usually the earliest you will see the heartbeat so it's not super out of the ordinary to not see it yet-- I know it's scary but definitely try not to freak out quite yet. I know lots of women who didn't see the heartbeat at 6 weeks who went on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies.
  • My first US was at 6 weeks and we couldn't get the heartbeat either. But at 8 weeks we heard LOs heartbeat loud and clear. Try not to freak out too much yet. It's probably just too early still
  • I also went through IVF and went in at 6w1d and was not able to see fetal pole or heartbeat... I went back in at 6w5d and were able to see fetal pole and heartbeat. A few days can make a huge difference. It was such a stressful time for me. Hang in there. Big hugs.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sometimes how the baby is positioned it's hard to find the heartbeat. Plus at 6 weeks, the baby is so tiny.
  • We had ultrasound at what i thought was 6+2 but no heartbeat . . Went back 14 days later and heartbeat was there with good progression. You might find reassurance in looking through older threads as this seems to be really common.
  • We had no HB at 6&4 and DD was born 11 days ago full term and healthy. Try not to panic yet.