March 2016 Moms
Options

Giblets?

Hey ladies! While I completely enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with my MIL's family, I just realized that I have no clue if there were giblets in the stuffing / gravy (which I had 2 servings of, ha!).

Since I don't feel comfortable asking them if there were giblets, I was wondering if you all have advice. I don't ever eat liver (on purpose), so I'm hoping a one-off time wouldn't be harmful.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Giblets?

• Options
    I definitely had giblet gravy last night because I didnt know that was something to worry about. Baby girl has been just as active as always. It's not like there is anything you can do even if you did eat it so I wouldn't stress over it. Most things are fine in moderation.
  • Options
    Thanks @jmathi0149! And I was thinking the same thing... Everything in moderation is ok, I'm sure. Plus, I'm guessing the amount of vitamin a we'd get from just a serving or two of gravy or stuffing is minimal. I think it's only a problem if you get too much vitamin a on a daily basis.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why are giblets an issue? I've never heard of this before.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    @skruhmin, just because the liver is part of the giblets. But I'm probably making a bigger deal out of it than normal, as usual.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited November 2015
    Me either and had my husband put them in the gravy just for me!!! Yum yum. Now I'm going to go google it though... I wouldn't worry. A turkey liver is no bigger than a grape and if you ate some of it, the slice was even smaller. Mixed in with all that other food, your body probably didn't even know it was there.