Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Transition from swing?

Any one have any advice on transitioning baby from a swing to a bassinet/packnplay? I don't want to force it or push DS too hard. I have about 1 1/2 months till I go back to school so I wanna wean him off hopefully in that amount of time. He sleeps so good in the swing it has been a sanity savior! But he is gonna outgrow it eventually and I don't want to have to go cold turkey. I don't work or go to school now so I can lose more sleep to help him transition. Any advice would be great! Thanks ladies!☺️

Re: Transition from swing?

• Check out precious little sleep web site for ideas.
  • Thank you I will
  • Loading the player...
  • Try swaddling - it is similar to the cozy feel of the swing. I'd try a nap in the bassinet/PNP every day and once that is relatively consistent, try two, and so on until the transition is fully made.
  • I can only put my LO to sleep in the napper if he is very tired and swaddled otherwise it's the swing. Try letting him fall asleep on you then moving him, or if you are BF try letting him nurse until he unlatches himself or passes out.
  • We made the transition from a rocking/inclined bassinet to the crib around 3 months. Our twin boys were a little resistant at first, so we had them nap in the cribs during the day for about a week. We also swaddled them, and played a musical mobile. That combination worked really well for them, and it only took a few days for them to start sleeping through the night. In case it helps, these are all of the things we did during the transition that worked: https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/transitioning-twins-to-cribs/ Good luck!

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• My LO absolutely would not lay flat even when swaddled. It was swing, RnP, or in my arms the 1st 11 weeks. I got the graco dreamglider. It is bigger (he's too long for RnP) and has an adjustable incline and the surface is more flat so he can turn his head and move around and the best part is its glides automatically and has a timer. He still needs the movement to fall asleep but I'm weaning him from it slowly.