March 2016 Moms
Options

Food and cooking issues

Is anyone else really struggling to find food they feel like eating let alone have the energy to start cooking.? Ive tried making larger amounts of something i like so its ready to eat when im super tired and cant cook but then my stomach turns at the thought of eating it and its making it really difficult. Anyone have any ideas how to help or even some really simple meal ideas ? Thanks!

Re: Food and cooking issues

• Options
    I dealt with this last pregnancy. I couldn't make food, it made me feel ill. If I cooked meat I had a wicked aversion and would throw up. My husband stepped up big time with vegetarian meals but it was hard to make sure I was eating enough protein iron.
    This time around we've been meal planning since sept - i shop biweekly based on sales and plan two weeks of meals. Most are cooked in the slow cooker and I have a word doc with meal names and attached recipes. It takes the guesswork out of "what should we have" if you have a list of stuff to chose from. I find I'm more jazzed to eat when all I have to do is come home and put on a pot of rice.
  • Options
    The slow cooker idea is good, that way you can throw the raw meat and other ingredients in and not have to see or deal with them again until it's cooked.  Maybe that would help?  I had this problem up until around 17 weeks, and even then I could cook but it took another month or so until I felt like eating healthy foods.  Hopefully you turn the corner soon!
    In the meantime I would just eat whatever sounds goods, a bagel, cereal, toast with peanut butter, etc were all bland things that worked for me.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so boring, but even if what I have on hand doesn't sound good I just eat it anyway. Nothing has sounded good to me for majority of my pregnancy, but I know I still have to eat. Once I'm putting the fork in my mouth it doesn't feel awful. It's been a bummer to not enjoy food the way I usually do, but it's only for a limited amount of time.
  • Options
    Thank you! Deffinently helps. Im 24+3 and I find my biggest issue comes when i think of food makes me want to throw up! But might have to go get a slow cooker because i think that will help alot ! Thanks again ☺
  • Options
    Get a slow cooker for when baby comes!! It's so nice to dump stuff in and forget. It's really easy to make meat/mains and just have to make salad/potatoes/rice at dinner time.