1st Trimester
Options

Good or bad idea?

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. We have told close friends and family but not everyone. I wanted to take a cute announcement picture tomorrow and let everyone else know but I haven't had my first US yet. That will take place on Dec. 10. Should I wait until after that to announce it? I'm just terrified something will be wrong at my US.

Re: Good or bad idea?

• Options
    I had my first US at 6w5d, there was def a baby in there but I was still too scared to make anything public. I waited for my 12w4d US to announce when I was sure everything looked ok. Even now, at almost 17 weeks, I still get anxious lol silly, I know.

Short answer: it's up to you. If something does happen, some people like having the outside support.
  • Options
    I know there's a baby in there because we heard the heartbeat at week 9 :) it's just hard waiting another few weeks for the US! My OB was all booked up so we got the first available appointment.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it were me I'd wait.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's up to u.. U are far enough along where things are most likely fine.. However, if it were me I would wait until having an ultrasound to announce
  • Options
    ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited November 2015
    I agree with PPs. I'm certainly not trying to scare you, but there is a chance for loss early on. If you tell people now, just be sure that you'd be ok discussing it in the event that loss/problems occurs. I would personally wait until the end of the first trimester AND until I had an ultrasound. Ultimately it's what you're comfortable with!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's just so hard waiting! I hope time flies by so we can get the US done and announce it!
  • Options
    Definitely up to you. We announced at like 5 weeks.
  • Options
    tgortneytgortney member
    edited November 2015

It's just so hard waiting! I hope time flies by so we can get the US done and announce it!

I was counting down the days to my 12 week US. It gave me really bad anxiety because I wasn't sure how baby was doing. Not sure if you're a worry wart but I am since this is my first ever pregnancy.

If it makes you feel better, my next US is Dec 9 (for the anatomy scan) and I'm right there hoping time flies also!
  • Options
    I am such a worry wart! And my mom keeps telling me it's horrible luck to announce it before the first trimester is over which isn't helping any!
  • Options
    We chose to announce at 8weeks because we decided that (heaven forbid) if something should go wrong we would want as much support as possible. So it really all depends on your preference.
  • Options
    Like PPs said, it really depends what you would prefer in terms of support if you have an early loss. I prefer support from family and friends in the case of that situation arising, so I would announce early.
    And in reference to your mom, in no way does your announcing or not announcing early have any impact on whether you miscarry (I assume that's what she means by "bad luck"). That has a very blame-y feeling to it. It isn't bad luck. They have no bearing on each other.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Depends on how ok you are with telling people if you have a miscarriage.