3rd Trimester

What Craving will you miss the most?

groovylocksgroovylocks member
edited November 2015 in 3rd Trimester
I see cravings like those episodes of the Simpsons where Bart and Skinner team up and always end on that sad note where Bart says "I guess we go back to being enemies now that this is all over.." I can only assume the weirder cravings are a lot like that. And I've had some weird ones. The cravings themselves are fairly normal but the intensity level at which I NEED these stimuli is crazy.

I think the ones I'll miss the most are the bitter cravings. Strong black tea, walnuts, plain raw parsley, the smells of the garage, wood smells, that white string that you find running down the middle of oranges. (There's never enough of that string, btw). I've always been a fan of btiter foods but it's been a furious crazy obsession during my pregnancy. And when I get my hands on anything bitter, either scents or tastes, it's so good I almost can't stand it. I'm going to miss that, enjoying something that much.

Re: What Craving will you miss the most?

• I love garlic dill pickles with butter syrup. That's a craving I might just keep AFTER pregnancy...if I can. Everybody cringes when I eat it but I actually have had two friends try it for themselves and surprisingly both of them liked it!! Give it a try! I also really crave the smell of pine, I'm obsessed with pine scented things. Other than that I can't think of any cravings.
  • The Pine Sol you get in Canada is orgasmic.

It's funny, I fell in love with peanut butter and pickles in 2013. And i figured "Damn i'll be pounding that back for 9 months" but meh.. Still love peanut butter but I only really had any significant interest in pickles in my first trimester. And not really with peanut butter.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what craving I hope will go away!! Never in my life have I craved chocolate, because it makes me sick. But this last month I am constantly craving the stuff..... But it makes me sick after eating! Ugh.

What I don't mind is my increase in craving sweets. I never liked sweets prior to pregnancy, but now I do. I am really enjoying cupcakes and cakes and candy! Haha. But also, not very good for me.
  • Omg I LOVE CUPCAKES!! But I have always been the type a girl to like desserts....well certain desserts. I love Swedish Fish, and Jawbreakers...I'm not huge on just regular chocolate but MINT CHOCOLATE is just awesome to me lol.
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015

I know what craving I hope will go away!! Never in my life have I craved chocolate, because it makes me sick. But this last month I am constantly craving the stuff..... But it makes me sick after eating! Ugh.

What I don't mind is my increase in craving sweets. I never liked sweets prior to pregnancy, but now I do. I am really enjoying cupcakes and cakes and candy! Haha. But also, not very good for me.

I also don't like chocolate much as it gives me mild headaches and this pregnancy it's a pretty big deal all of a sudden. And no headaches. It suddenly tastes good. I've never had a huge sweet tooth in general either but I seem to enjoy sugar now.

• ZoeyRaeJamesZoeyRaeJames member
    edited November 2015
    Most of my cravings I have had, I had pre pregnancy. They were just stronger during my pregnancy! So, I'm pretty sure I will keep most, if not ALL of my cravings! :smile:

Edited for errors. I seem to LOVE having spelling issues today. Lol!
  • I hope I lose my cravings, actually - I've always had a sweet tooth, but it's been out of control for me during pregnancy! I can't seem to get enough of chocolate, cookies, ice cream, etc. Not very good for my health or my waistline.