June 2016 Moms
Options

Nuchal test Results

So my doctor was very wishy washy, explaining that she can't give me my results until she gets my blood work back. She said 1.5mm for the NT looks good and I shouldn't worry since I'm only 27 years old.
So I did my own research finding that if the baby measures between 45mm and 84mm it's normal to have an NT below 3.5mm. Our baby's NT was 1.5mm. So I feel a little better. Anyone else have similar results or experience?

Re: Nuchal test Results

• Options
    Haven't done my testing yet but that's good news. I know the blood work is an important component of the screening so I think her response is appropriate. Doctors are cautious people. :smile:
  • Options
    Trust the medical professional. It's great that your independent googling backed him up but in the end, if your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't be. Avoid pregnancy googling, seriously, you'll drive yourself crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know, you're right. @Sgoldberg247 But my doctor didn't really give me any peace of mind. And the blood results don't come back for 10-14 days. She only said, you're young, the odds aren't high. That's not a good enough response for me.
  • Options
    Meglit89Meglit89 member
    edited November 2015
    I didn't get any assurance either way with mine, and am still waiting on my results.  Then again, I just assumed that since it was routine that I didn't really need to worry too much or ask many questions.  Just figured I'd wait a week for the results.

I think it would have been inappropriate for your doctor to give you any more assurance than that.  If she took a leap and told you "everything looks great, no problem," when she isn't in a position to know yet, you'd be really mad when the results came back saying you had a higher risk.  Better for her to be cautious & wait for the full results than for her to give you false hope (or worry).  

I'm sure all is fine with your baby. :)  

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 26 | DH: 27

• Options
    Atlast111Atlast111 member
    edited November 2015
    Hope this helps. Here are the downs rates. They are pretty low. At age 36 they are still only 0.5%. They go up significantly as you get older. So unless you are an older mum I really think it's unfounded for women to be worrying about this!

https://www.ds-health.com/risk.htm
  • Options

@Atlast111 Thanks! :)

No problem. :smiley: