July 2015 Moms

How often does your LO poop!?

Hi mamas! My son is EBF and he has always pooped at least once everyday and the last two weeks he has only been pooping once every 5 days maybe twice. I'm wondering if this is normal. He still has many wet diapers though. How often does your little one poops!?

Re: How often does your LO poop!?

• Thank you in advance and any advice is really appreciated! :smile:
  • Mine is formula fed and she has consistently had one big poopy diaper a day, maybe every other day. The last week or so, she's gone maybe three days without pooping. Then yesterday, she had two in a row and one huge poopy diaper this morning. She has plenty of wet diapers and is happy and healthy. So I'm not too worried.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD only goes every 3-5 days. About 2 months ago she went 10+ days without anything. At the time everything I was reading online said for EBF babies this was normal. Well at her 4 month check up her dr said to never wait more than 10 days. That on the 9th day we should give her 1 oz of prune juice. If nothing by the next day use a suppository. We have had to once unfortunately. DD handled it much better than DH and I!
  • Hi! So my son is EBF also, and he's been pooping once a week since he was 3 weeks old.lol It's completely normal!
  • EBF and poops at least once a day. Has never gone a day without pooping.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• EBF. Once a week. Every now and the she will throw in an extra day. Our ped said it's not uncommon for an EBF baby to go two weeks and not to even worry until then as long as they don't seem to be in pain.
  • Lol my DD is EBF and usually goes 3 times a day. When she teethes it gets supper watery and lot of time it is an explosion out of the diaper.
  • EBF and I swear he pooped every 5 min today. Especially right after diaper changes.

Like a PP, he's never gone a day without pooping.
  • My lo is EBF and she poops at least 3-4 big poops a day!
  • EBF poops once a day usually sometimes twice and sometimes skips a day
  • Normal - pediatrician said anything from more than once day to once every 2 weeks is fine! My son went from pooping multiple times a day to going 4 days without very suddenly at about 2.5 months. Now at exactly 4 months he usually goes everyday but sometimes skips a day or two. As long as it isn't hard when baby goes and there are plenty of wet diapers, it's all good!!
  • EBF and lately he poops once every 2 days. But yesterday he pooped 3 times.
  • My daughter was pooping once every few days for the first month now it's almost every diaper about 8-10 times a day. She's EBF and its just a little at a time.
  • EBF and my 20 weeks old son only poops once every two or three days. He use to poop everyday but once he hit 16 weeks it went to every few days. Dr says this is normal for EBF babies and not to worry, so we don't! :smile:
  • My EBF baby was only pooping once a week and someone suggest I eat prunes (not the baby, but ME). No joke, it totally worked! I picked some up at Sprouts and I eat 3-4 prunes a day, it doesn't effect me at all but for some reason it helps her with her poopies! And she doesn't have gas discomfort anymore.
  • ^^^it cut of half my message!
    To sum up she is pooping once a day now! And I know it's the prunes because I didn't eat them for 4 days while I was away for thanksgiving and she didn't poop the entire time until I ate 4 the day after we came back and 6-8 hours later...big OL poopie!

Note: Dr said it was normal for some babes to go 7-10 days but I felt like I needed to try the prunes since her tummy would be gassy. Dr got a kick out of it when we told her at her 4 month check up, he said whatever works!