TTC after 35

Sit ups in two week wait

I'm probably paranoid. But is it ok to do sit ups and sit up machines at gym during the wait ??

Re: Sit ups in two week wait

• The short answer is yes it is most likely fine to do sit ups in the TWW and I imagine many millions of women have done so. The long answer is if you have a history of infertility and recurrent miscarriage you want to do everything possible to crete the most positive environment you can for getting pregnant. I am speaking through the lens of being a prenatal/postnatal yoga teacher as well as a acupuncturist. I know in yoga we want to avoid deep twists during implantation, as well as strenuous ab work at that time. SInce we have no idea when implantation happens, I personally avoid deep twists (ones that originate from the belly- like bicycle sit ups or revolved triangle pose in yoga) and I don't do heavy ab work in the lower belly during the TWW. For many many women I am sure it is not a problem, but I have history of miscarriage and I want to be as conservative as possible. 
  • I agree.. I think from here on out I will avoid this during the wait.. I had a miscarriage last year as well as not able to get pregnant for over a year now. I would rather be safe.. I am guessing it is fine to do these up until ovulation time then wait again until I get period.. it is frustrating because I gained fifteen pounds after my miscarriage. I am afraid to really get into exercising like I need to in order to lose it because I worry that can cause issues. yet, I am so miserable at this weight. :(