1st Trimester

Mom of twins, when did you

Stop sleeping on your stomach? I don't remember my boys are about to turn 18, and this pregnancy (#5) is so simular and at 5 weeks it became uncomfortable to lay on my stomach. My scan isn't till Monday, and am very excited to see how many. :)

Re: Mom of twins, when did you

• JenWi15 said:

Stop sleeping on your stomach? I don't remember my boys are about to turn 18, and this pregnancy (#5) is so simular and at 5 weeks it became uncomfortable to lay on my stomach. My scan isn't till Monday, and am very excited to see how many. :)

I had no problems sleeping however I wanted to sleep until about 16 weeks, but I was never a stomach sleeper.
    That being said, I think it may be something that's more in your mind not to sleep on your stomach as this is your 5th pregnancy. At 5 weeks, even multiple babies and placentas are so tiny and hidden within your pelvic region, there should be nothing showing via your stomach and it shouldn't be causing issues.
    I know you're excited but also remember that symptoms don't indicate how many you're pregnant with.
    Good luck on Monday.
  • Ok, I was just going to let this comment lie dormant like I did in the other 2 posts I started. However, the longer I think about it, the more agitated I become. I know it was well meaning (we can't have people thinking that they are going to have twins because of crazy thoughts)but, I actually know more about this stuff through crazy experience than the average person. I was not asking do you think I am having twins....I was asking for a discussion. I thought that was also what these boards are for. Maybe I'm wrong. Every post I have written has been met with some major...can't possibly be based on whatever symptom I was having. If you re read the post, I thought it was obvious what I was saying. Just wanting to start a discussion that was positive. Now I suppose I understand why I have seen some crazy, is that what I just read stuff on here. Do you even have twins? I delivered mine at over 7 lbs each, and over 19 inches long....2 placentas, double fluid,and almost killed me. By 12 weeks (first ob appt, and first pg as well as only being 19) I was meassuring at about 20 weeks, by 25 weeks my dr stopped meassuring me because i was over 40 weeks. Only found out by having a scan at 20 weeks because I refused to leave if he didn't give me one.
    As far as having an aversion to sleeping on my stomach, I do not. I still do it (even with my boys, till I delivered ) it is just different. I can't sleep any other way. Again wasn't worried about anything, just wanted a discussion with other moms of twins.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, this was only one response to this post. 2 other posts, one of random symptoms I am having, and wondered if I am alone ,found out I am not, and because it was dismissed as gas by a response simular to this, missed out on learning about phantom kicks (discovered on another post). The other post really upset me. I was asking a legit question, and was responded with again a simular answer. Not by someone who actually has experienced what I was asking. Makes me wonder why everything has a clinical answer. This in no way will ever replace my dr. But when your first appt. is light years away, it would be nice to chat about some of the stranger things. Instead it feels as if I am being attacked or dismissed "cause it isn't possible. I am NOT concerned about my sleep, just wanting to have a convo with another pg person with twins.
  • JenWi15 said:
    Yep, this was only one response to this post. 2 other posts, one of random symptoms I am having, and wondered if I am alone ,found out I am not, and because it was dismissed as gas by a response simular to this, missed out on learning about phantom kicks (discovered on another post). The other post really upset me. I was asking a legit question, and was responded with again a simular answer. Not by someone who actually has experienced what I was asking. Makes me wonder why everything has a clinical answer. This in no way will ever replace my dr. But when your first appt. is light years away, it would be nice to chat about some of the stranger things. Instead it feels as if I am being attacked or dismissed "cause it isn't possible. I am NOT concerned about my sleep, just wanting to have a convo with another pg person with twins.
    I believe you are getting that type of response here because that is how the culture is here. The bump community in general does not entertain "what ifs" and does like to talk about things that could or could not be possible based off of research done. I can't tell for sure if you were attacked in other threads and obviously its not nice to feel dismissed. However, the likeliness of finding someone on TB to just talk about the "feelings" is very low. 

I am not saying this to put you down or anything like that, but I think you are expecting something from people who might not be on the same page as you are.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 12+Weeks with twins and until very recently, I'm jug now starting to find it uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach . I get a few aches and pains when too much pressure is applied for long durations to my lower stomach region.
    Hope that helps !
  • ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited November 2015
    JenWi15 said:
    Yep, this was only one response to this post. 2 other posts, one of random symptoms I am having, and wondered if I am alone ,found out I am not, and because it was dismissed as gas by a response simular to this, missed out on learning about phantom kicks (discovered on another post). The other post really upset me. I was asking a legit question, and was responded with again a simular answer. Not by someone who actually has experienced what I was asking. Makes me wonder why everything has a clinical answer. This in no way will ever replace my dr. But when your first appt. is light years away, it would be nice to chat about some of the stranger things. Instead it feels as if I am being attacked or dismissed "cause it isn't possible. I am NOT concerned about my sleep, just wanting to have a convo with another pg person with twins.
    I just looked at your other two posts, and really don't understand why you're so upset right now. Nobody has been rude to you at all, and people did answer you...

ETA: a response to your tummy spasm post actually did mention phantom kicks. Sooo..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This.

I would wait until your doctor confirms your pregnancy (at all-- not just how many are hanging out in your ute). Sleep however you are comfortable until your body tells you otherwise.

Also, I recommend decaf coffee & a chill pill.

• @JenWi15 - sorry you aren't getting the responses you are looking for on here. I've noticed that overall on this site/app people tend to be very critical and harsh. As a FTM I came on this site looking for support and guidance and am more than a little appalled at how the people on here treat each other. Honestly, we might both be better off finding other apps with a more warm and welcoming environment.
  • As a FTM myself, I came here intending to get insight from other ladies, but some of the questions coming from repeat moms are a bit out there. This isn't a "support group", but there is support when needed (MC, family drama, etc). I lurked for WEEKS before even commenting on an introduction thread. Do your homework, guys.

As for the OP, I have no clue why you're so upset. I get you asked a question, but it wasn't very clear as to WHAT you were asking or what answers you were looking for. Nobody attacked you or said anything condescending.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am well aware that what I feel is in no way a baby kicking. I just thought it strange that I was having spasms where it wouldn't be gas, and just how much the gas rolled. Never thought that I could feel anything. That is why I have been upset. I have read quite a bit of information that although is the more likely answer, isn't always the only answer. I thought that women who have had a variety of experiences could come together and share. Obviously I was wrong. Not that any of you care, but yes I am looking for a different group. There is a lot of information on here, but very little friendliness. I get over emotional pg hormones, but wow.
  • I'm sorry you feel that way. I haven't had any negative issues with anyone here, besides trying to help others and getting jumped at. I hope you find what you're looking for at another site. Happy thanksgiving and a smooth pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JenWi15 said:
    I am well aware that what I feel is in no way a baby kicking. I just thought it strange that I was having spasms where it wouldn't be gas, and just how much the gas rolled. Never thought that I could feel anything. That is why I have been upset. I have read quite a bit of information that although is the more likely answer, isn't always the only answer. I thought that women who have had a variety of experiences could come together and share. Obviously I was wrong. Not that any of you care, but yes I am looking for a different group. There is a lot of information on here, but very little friendliness. I get over emotional pg hormones, but wow.
    I think that perhaps you are too quick to jump to being offended or defensive about the feedback you are receiving. I hope you find a group that fits your needs, but I think perhaps at this time, your needs are not well-defined and might be unreasonable. So, bear in mind that no one here was unfriendly. Straight-forward answers do not equal unfriendly.

Its a little bit odd and bordering on crazy to start talking to moms of twins like you have twins on board with NO confirmation. We've had catfishes that pretend to be pregnant with multiples do this and that is why it raises red flags. Again, wait until your doctor confirms you are pregnant (at all) and see how many are in the ute before you start trying to get chummy with the MoMs.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• JenWi15 said:

Ok, I was just going to let this comment lie dormant like I did in the other 2 posts I started. However, the longer I think about it, the more agitated I become. I know it was well meaning (we can't have people thinking that they are going to have twins because of crazy thoughts)but, I actually know more about this stuff through crazy experience than the average person. I was not asking do you think I am having twins....I was asking for a discussion. I thought that was also what these boards are for. Maybe I'm wrong. Every post I have written has been met with some major...can't possibly be based on whatever symptom I was having. If you re read the post, I thought it was obvious what I was saying. Just wanting to start a discussion that was positive. Now I suppose I understand why I have seen some crazy, is that what I just read stuff on here. Do you even have twins? I delivered mine at over 7 lbs each, and over 19 inches long....2 placentas, double fluid,and almost killed me. By 12 weeks (first ob appt, and first pg as well as only being 19) I was meassuring at about 20 weeks, by 25 weeks my dr stopped meassuring me because i was over 40 weeks. Only found out by having a scan at 20 weeks because I refused to leave if he didn't give me one.
    As far as having an aversion to sleeping on my stomach, I do not. I still do it (even with my boys, till I delivered ) it is just different. I can't sleep any other way. Again wasn't worried about anything, just wanted a discussion with other moms of twins.

You did start a discussion, it's just not the one you wanted. You can't control how people respond to you. I went back and read your other two posts, I have no idea what you are flipping over. You state that "Every post I have written has been met with some major", not sure what this should have ended with but if 3 posts on 2 different boards are met with the same reaction maybe you (or your reaction) is the issue and not others. Based on what I read it appears as though you wanted to start discussions but only on what you wanted to address. The Internet doesn't work that way. I've been on TB for 6 years and love it's personality, if it is not a good fit for you there are others that may mesh better with your expectations.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~