TTC After a Loss
Options

Positive opk wayyyy to early!?!

Hi everyone- so I have had my first period post m/c starting 11/16, with sone spotting on 11/12 and 11/13. I have typically a 32-33 day cycle. So, I thought this week I would start opks again just to get into habit - I expect to ovulate next week. I got a positive today as "high fertility". I will test again tomorrow to see if this pattern is forming....but what is this?! Is it possible I'm ovulating crazy early or my cycles will be shorter from now on? Has anyone experienced drastic changes in cycle after an early m/c? Could this be a false positive? Thank you!

Re: Positive opk wayyyy to early!?!

• Options
    It could be a wonky cycle. I'm just ending my first cycle post-d&c and it's shaping up to be 35-36 days. Normal cycles for me were 30-32 days. My d&c cycle was 37 days, so I guess the bright side is that it's shortening?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Have you been getting negative OPKs prior to this one or if this the first time you're testing? I would doubt it's a false positive, these tests are pretty streamlined. I'm sure there are a few reasons you are getting such a high positive reading. First, have you taken a pregnancy test recently? Just curious in terms of if your levels have gone completely down, or if there was any chance you got pregnant last cycle. Though I imagine unlikely due to your period.  Second, any history of PCOS/cysts? Sometimes cysts can produce enough estrogen to trigger the LH for the OPK test. Or maybe your body is just working things out again and gearing up to O in practice? Like you said this would be crazy early to ovulate a mature egg. 

I'm in my first post-MC cycle, so I have no experience to offer you in that regard. 

Are you temping at all to confirm?

Good luck to you! And sorry for my ramblings :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in my first cycle post-mc and I've always had short/average cycles (26-28 days) and this first cycle is actually much longer. I think it can take a few months for your body to get back into its normal routine. Good thing you took your OPK early!! :)
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    diane2218diane2218 member
    edited November 2015
    BornReady said:
    Have you been getting negative OPKs prior to this one or if this the first time you're testing? I would doubt it's a false positive, these tests are pretty streamlined. I'm sure there are a few reasons you are getting such a high positive reading. First, have you taken a pregnancy test recently? Just curious in terms of if your levels have gone completely down, or if there was any chance you got pregnant last cycle. Though I imagine unlikely due to your period.  Second, any history of PCOS/cysts? Sometimes cysts can produce enough estrogen to trigger the LH for the OPK test. Or maybe your body is just working things out again and gearing up to O in practice? Like you said this would be crazy early to ovulate a mature egg. 

I'm in my first post-MC cycle, so I have no experience to offer you in that regard. 

Are you temping at all to confirm?

Good luck to you! And sorry for my ramblings :)

Thank you for your thoughts!!! I got a few negatives starting this past weekend before the positive; honestly I was totally not expecting this. My hcg was 0 several weeks ago, but I took a preg. test maybe 11/10...? Very negative. My period was heavier than typical, too. I agree.... I guess it's good luck I started testing early. I am not temping - just opk and tracking symptoms. No history of pcos to my knowledge. I had a vaginal ultrasound before m/c was confirmed... I hope if there was a problem they would have seen it and brought it up . Really? I'm ovulating this early ...? Huh. Sorry , still just a bit stunned.