August 2015 Moms
Options

Post Natal Depression

Congratulationd all of you on the birth of your babies. My boy arrived just over 2hrs before my due date at 20:45.. normal delivery.. 5hrs 37min labour, waters broke 72+ hrs before i began contracting. Cynan Llyr Calert was going to be a big baby but i never expected 10lb 2oz haha. Hes all length though

Anyway, ive been diagnosed with bad depression. And every day i struggle to get through without falling apart.... can anyone relate, advise me on anything they know or have been through with it... this depressing personality is not me... i cry, have a temper, become confused and anxious.. its horrible

Re: Post Natal Depression

• Options
    *POST NATAL DEPRESSION
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. Do you have a good support system at home?

I had postpartum anxiety and that was pretty rough. I would think about crashing the car or running off the road every time just me and LO were in it. I never want to go back to that place again. After I admitted that something wasn't right, my family came together to watch LO overnight once a week so I could get a full nights rest (DH works 60hrs+ a week in a high stress job, so he was almost as stressed out as I was). The extra sleep and a few pills did wonders. Now LO is only watched once every other week. It would be much less often but my parents and in-laws beg to watch her.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through that. I had postpartum depression as well. I would just cry for no reason, and wanted to give up. The thing that really helped me, was going in to the doctors and just talking. Letting it all out. DH was very supportive, and did most of the work in the beginning. Just talk to your family and let them know how you feel so you can have a break. We may be mothers, but we need breaks from the little ones to regroup and calm down.
  • Options
    I have been diagnosed with PP depression. They recommended that I go on Zoloft but so far I have resisted. I don't like meds of any type and I prefer natural alternatives. I will consider meds if the natural way isn't working. I don't cry, but I do get irritable very easily. I also feel overwhelmed and I feel like a failure of a mother 99% of the time. However I am seeing a therapist on the regular so some things are improving. Having an awesome support system also helps. Hubby is fantastic and very understanding as well as his and my family. Just take things one day at a time. Set realistic goals. For me, I set two goals a day. Whether that be to do something around the house or do something for myself. Anything that helps me get out of this bubble I am in. It's a little hard because I have my son to take care of but remember you must take care of yourself as well because your baby depends on momma so much! Also my husband will take our son with him to watch the game at a local sports bar so it gives me time to be me and do whatever I want and need to do. And that helps out SOOOOOOOO much. Make sure you are getting breaks! It's ok to ask for help! You got this! Now go out and be the best momma you can be
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. PP depression and anxiety. I am on Zoloft for the depression and a Magnesium supplement for the anxiety. I have also increased my vitamin D intake at the suggestion of my doctor. I am currently speaking with a counselor who specializes in PP once a week.
    Seek out a support system if you haven't already done so. Very few people know what I am dealing with, but those who do are my life lines, and are there to help me.

You aren't alone. I know it is hard, but don't be afraid to speak up and ask for help.
    Joey 06.05.2010, MC Jan 2014-EDD 09.11.2014, Aurelia 08.24.2015 (lost twin ~12 weeks), Ectopic Loss Feb 2016, EDD 01.03.2018