May 2016 Moms
Options

Registering

When is every going to start registering? We aren't finding out the sex until January but I kind of feel like if I wait until then to start, I will become overwhelmed. What are your plans?

Re: Registering

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I began a list on Amazon a while ago, before I even knew the gender. I would just add gender neutral things as I find them, and then the girl and the boy version. Once I found out it was a boy I deleted the more feminine items. It's fun to do when I'm bored :)
  • Options
    When I registered for my first I waited until after my anatomy scan. I definitely felt like I had more than enough time!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We won't find out our baby's sex until January, but we have a good portion of our registry done in gender neutral items in case family members wanted to buy Christmas gifts. 

• Options
    I'm still unsure about registering since my family is so far away. I've started some wish lists that I may convert to a registry if I go that route. We find out sex mid December if baby cooperates so I guess I will make the decision then.
  • Options
    I started registering for gender-neutral, larger items like a stroller, pack and play, etc. that we will hopefully use for future little ones. Otherwise I've been doing research on other items (customer reviews, safety ratings) and keeping a list of my favorites. There are plenty of items that aren't gender-specific, like bottle warmers, sound machines, monitors, and tons of other stuff that you can start looking at now! Helps to get the "research" out of the way so you can get to the fun stuff!
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    edited November 2015
    We'll find out sex on 12/31 so I think we will hit up BRU on New Year's Day since it will be quiet and start our registry. I'm actually going to the store during lunch today so get an idea on some things. I don't plan on having a big registry (feel weird asking people to buy us things) but will use it more as a list for myself to know what we need. It does feel very overwhelming- there is so much shit to buy for a 8 pound baby!

Just to add, I already have wish lists on BRU and target (target is all nursery things). I started the wish lists as a way to get my ideas on the different travel systems (for example) so when we go to the store I can go straight to the 3 or 4 on the wish list and narrow down.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I started an Amazon registry last month with gender neutral things & kept it private until yesterday. I wanted to have it there in case any of DHs relatives wanted Christmas gift ideas (mine isn't doing gifts this year). I'll add a bit of gender specific clothing once we find out in 5 weeks!

I kept it small too because a lot of items we will buy used at a consignment shop. We just got married last summer so I'm uncomfortable asking people for gifts less than a year a later!
  • Options
    I'm going to wait until after the anatomy scan. We already know what we are having but I'm a little superstitious.
  • Options
    I'm going to wait until after the anatomy scan. We already know what we are having but I'm a little superstitious.
    I was looking to see if there are any baby shows in NY. There is one in March. Was going to see if you wanted to go? Thought it could be fun to have a NY meet up and check out baby things!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    yogahh said:

I was looking to see if there are any baby shows in NY. There is one in March. Was going to see if you wanted to go? Thought it could be fun to have a NY meet up and check out baby things!

Yes yes yes!!! I'd love that!!!
  • Options
    I had an online Target registry started but after we got our results from blood test, we went to Target and finalized our registry. I know I am way ahead of the game but I did a lot of research before we found out the sex. I was the same with wedding planning- I actually had the venue booked a month before we got engaged- lol!
  • Options
    With my first, I started my registry right away. I didn't share it until later but it does make a great "here are some Christmas gift ideas" list for family.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    There was a good one we just missed last week.. this is the only one I see for before our kiddos are born

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @yogahh I'm in!!!! yay!
  • Options
    @yogahh and @LadySamLady - I'm jealous!
  • Options
    We have actually already started registering! We found out at 15w5d that we are having a boy, so we started a small registry that no one knows about. I will go on it from time to time and add things as I think about them. We will really start bulking it up after the holidays.
  • Options
    So after reading these, if anyone finds my motivation, can you let me know!? Maybe I'll get something done this weekend...
  • Options
    I started a Target registry a few weeks after we found out. It was at first to figure out the cost of items and what we would need, but I'll edit it and share with my MIL who wants to host a baby shower. It's mostly gender neutral anyway like a car seat, changing pad, burp cloths etc. I wasn't going to register for much clothing as people like to buy this anyway.

I do feel guilty since we go married this spring and our families were so generous with wedding gifts, and now we will have a shower and baby a year out.  
  • Options
    You can always start researching now. I think people still use Baby Bargains for research. I've heard of people going to the store to scope things out before registering that way they're not overwhelmed. 
  • Options
    I'm doing a private list on Amazon just for us since we are having another boy and don't really need anything new, but I have a (huge) shopping problem so that doesn't really stop me. I was conscious last time of having a good price range, not everyone has the same budget so I didn't want anyone to feel offended.

Just a thought - last time my SIL went over my registry for me to let me know if I was missing anything. She noted what she thought we might not necessarily need, but everyone is different. I hadn't thought of getting a humidifier and for an apartment it's been a lifesaver, especially during the first week when DS had newborn congestion.
  • Options
    Holy Crap! Babies R Us is totally overwhelming! And this one only had 3 cribs and a handful of strollers. I cant imagine going to a store with more options. But, they had the crib I want and I love it even more!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    yogahh said:
    Holy Crap! Babies R Us is totally overwhelming! And this one only had 3 cribs and a handful of strollers. I cant imagine going to a store with more options. But, they had the crib I want and I love it even more!
    So no Buy Buy Baby for you? The one on 23rd is my jam!
  • Options
    I started my registry once the pee stick dried...pretty much literally. We need a new car seat and I'd been searching for awhile so once I found one I liked I decided to just start a registry and put it on there. I have neutral as well as the boy and girl versions on it. We should find out just before christmas, and we're having a reveal party, so I'll remove the incorrect sex items once that's over. If it's a boy we don't need much since I have 2 boys already. Just the new car seat and I'd love a double stroller. I mostly use the registry (even with my first) as a way to easily find the things I'd picked out. DH is so indecisive that it helps to show him what I like on the registry vs what else is available. It works for us. Plus alot of places send out coupons when you make a registry...I'm all about those :)
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    So no Buy Buy Baby for you? The one on 23rd is my jam!
    No, just ran up to Union Square. Not sure I want to do Buy Buy Baby, only because I have friends and family outside of NY, and I dont think there are locations in PA?? I should go someday just to check it out. But seriously, I am overwhelmed already, not sure I can take a store with more things..ha!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @yogahh I'm pretty sure Buy Buy Baby can be ordered online too...and it's the same company as Bed Bath & Beyond so your peeps can use the 20% off coupon that shows up in the mail 3x a week...or maybe that's just at my house :P
  • Options
    Yeah, unless someone basically forces me, I'm pretty anti-registry at the moment, since we've gotten so many gifts from two wedding showers and our wedding in the past six months. Trying to avoid the whole "I want to punch you in the face" feeling from everyone I know. I feel like we'll have baby showers thrown for us that we won't be able to turn down (husband's boss throws a shower for EVERYTHING), but tempted to tell people to just come celebrate with us and give us any hand-me-downs they don't need.
  • Options
    I want to get started, but the idea of it even is overwhelming.  I have no idea where to start!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker