November 2015 Moms
Options

First day back to work

makeoutside7makeoutside7 member
edited November 2015 in November 2015 Moms
On Sunday night I held my daughter while she slept for an hour and bawled my eyes out.  It's not that I wasn't ready to go back to work. I am. With her tiny head buried in my chest, I know she still needs me. She is only 6 weeks old. I was just not prepared for this and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Ah, motherhood! Thank God it's a short week. Can't wait to spend this entire long weekend snuggling her. Anyone else back to work already? Hope you're also hanging in there. <3

FTM due 11/06/2015
Married 09/21/2013

Re: First day back to work

• Options
    My LO isn't here yet but I cry at the thought of having to leave him to go back to work. Luckily I should be approved to work from home about a month after I return to the office. But I have a feeling it will be the longest and hardest month of my life!
  • Options
    Gearing up now to head back to work- such a weird feeling. On one end I think it will be fine as its my DH watching my daughter and it'll be nice to interact with adults. On the other I'm not sure how I'll handle not being around her for 9 1/2 to 17 1/2 hours at a time. Luckily I can make my own schedule and I'm going down to part time so I can double up on shifts and have the majority of the month off.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so lucky to get 10 weeks off. But it will be so hard. If was hard with my first too.
  • Options
    I had my baby on 10-28 and don't go back until Jan 1 but I'm already crying thinking about it!!!
  • Options
    JLW0504JLW0504 member
    edited November 2015
    I go back on Monday. I'm already depressed about it. I cried the first day when I went back to work with DD1. I will do the same this time too.

I am desperate to be a SAHM. I will love nothing more. I hate needing two incomes.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JLW0504 said:

I go back on Monday. I'm already depressed about it. I cried the first day when I went back to work with DD1. I will do the same this time too.

I am desperate to be a SAHM. I will love nothing more. I hate needing two incomes.

It's looking like I may have to go back to work and I really want to be a SAHM... It's killing me and I'm not going back until after Christmas... But we just can't make it after all the calculating we have done for our budget... Hoping my husband gets this new position then I may be able to stay at home but even then I'll still have to work part time..
  • Options
    I live in Canada and am lucky to get a year off with my babies.... Still not sure if I'm going back right away when the year is up, but hopefully I can hold off for a couple extra months after and we can survive with one income for awhile!!!
  • Options
    I'm also so lucky to live in Canada. I thought it was so hard with my first son to go back after a year ! I really feel for you girls and how hard that must be.
    Best of luck and hope the transition back goes as smooth as possible for you.
  • Options
    I havt two older boys and now that the twins are here I'm going to be SAHM. At least for the first year. I have a feeling they my be my last kids so i want to be home as long as posibke
  • Options
    I am a temp at my current job. I told the CEO the plan as of now is that I will be coming back (they offered me a permanent position upon my return). The last 2 weeks before taking maternity leave, I worked from home. I will take off until my LO is 4 months old and will negotiate to work from home. I really want to be a stay at home mom. We'll see what my DH and I end up deciding.
  • Options
    Hi ladies, checking in to see how you survived those first few days back at work. I've been lucky to have a longer maternity leave, and am going back in 2 weeks, but I am absolutely dreading it. 
  • Options
    I'm heading back on Monday after 15 hectic, yet glorious, weeks with my sweet baby. I know I am going to be a wreck! I just try to look for the positives among my grief and anxiety. For one, I was blessed to have not only 12 weeks of FML, but an additional 3 weeks from Thanksgiving, Christmas, and snow days. Secondly, my MIL and my daddy are keeping LO while I'm at work and both have agreed to watch him here at my house, which makes me feel so much better and will be much easier for all of us. Thirdly, my mom has always said that being a teacher is one of the best professions for a working mother, and I'm truly blessed to have more time off than most. I also have a countdown of five weeks until Spring Break and then seven more until summer, which will give me another ten weeks with LO. I don't mean for this to be a total AW comment...just wanted to share my silver lining and offer up advice for others to try to find theirs. In reality, I'm totally still a mess about the whole thing...these are just the things I remind myself to stay sane! 
  • Options
    SJFTCA said:
    I'm heading back on Monday after 15 hectic, yet glorious, weeks with my sweet baby. I know I am going to be a wreck! I just try to look for the positives among my grief and anxiety. For one, I was blessed to have not only 12 weeks of FML, but an additional 3 weeks from Thanksgiving, Christmas, and snow days. Secondly, my MIL and my daddy are keeping LO while I'm at work and both have agreed to watch him here at my house, which makes me feel so much better and will be much easier for all of us. Thirdly, my mom has always said that being a teacher is one of the best professions for a working mother, and I'm truly blessed to have more time off than most. I also have a countdown of five weeks until Spring Break and then seven more until summer, which will give me another ten weeks with LO. I don't mean for this to be a total AW comment...just wanted to share my silver lining and offer up advice for others to try to find theirs. In reality, I'm totally still a mess about the whole thing...these are just the things I remind myself to stay sane! 
    That is wonderful! Like you, I feel like I can't complain. I have a flexible job, will work from home atleast one day a week, my mom and in laws are watching LO during the work week, but I am still dreading leaving him. What's worse is I don't want to sabotage the rest of my leave by being anxious about the return... 
  • Options
    Don't be anxious, just enjoy the time you have. I had 12weeks and returned this week. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I definitely miss my baby and wish I could be at home, but it was nice to see my coworkers and sit at my desk. Work is kind of a break now compared to the labor (of love) my nights are at home. Today was maybe the hardest day because I missed him but luckily it's Friday so we have the weekend together.
    I am pumping at work and bought a mini fridge for my office, highly recommend that to anyone who can. Makes pumping way easier as I store my parts and milk in there.
  • Options
    I had 12 weeks  (could have taken 16 weeks). I hear the longer your leave the harder it is to go back. The first day was so hard (and she was with my mom), but every day got better. I'm 4 weeks back and while it's still tough I enjoy work and feel like being away for a bit helps make me a better mom. 
  • Options
    I am headed back next Monday when LO will be 15 weeks. She is starting daycare next week to help ease the transition. I am kind of jealous of all you lucky ladies who's moms and mils will be watching LOs. Even though I went through all this with my first, it's going to be hard as we had a blast being home together just us girls. 
  • Options
    I started back to work 2.5 weeks ago, and I have to say it really helped to start back on a Thursday and have two days at work and then a weekend that first week.  It also helped DH, who is a SAHD.  I pump in my office and am getting a mini fridge so I don't need to use a cooler to keep milk and pump parts in.  I feed in the morning before I leave for work and pump (I only feed one side at a time).  Then I pump twice while I am at work.  I have my own office, so I can just lock my door and pump when it is time.  Sometimes I text my H and tell him to send me a video of LO.  I'm glad to be back at work, although I do miss her.