May 2016 Moms
Options

I almost forgot... Tuesday Healthy/Diet/Weight Check In

yogahhyogahh member
edited November 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Its Thanksgiving week. Which means food, food and more food. I have not had a good week. Started with a co-worker BD breakfast yesterday of bagels and Danish, followed by a work Thanksgiving. Today, I had some oranges and an apple, but pizza for dinner. I think I am just going to eat whatever this week, then back on track Sunday. And I cant really feel bad about it.
Last week I went to the gym 3 times! Just walking on the treadmill and light weights, but atleast it is something. This week I will get there twice and really hoping for some prenatal yoga on Sunday.

Since we all seemed more concerned with being healthy than with weight gain, thought you can check in, and tell me your plans for Thanksgiving! Any tricks or tips to stay healthy on the unhealthiest meal day of the year? I plan on loading up as much on turkey and veggies, and just have a little stuffing and potatoes. Although I will not forgo pumpkin pie- its heathy!

Bonus question- who is going Black Friday shopping? DH and I go to the outlets every year as its close to his parents. I like shopping there on Black Friday. Since its outside, it doesn't feel like wall to wall people. And we always get some good deals. But I REFUSE to shop on Thursday. Let those people have a nice holiday with their families. Those sweaters and TVs will be there Friday morning.

Me, after a good shopping session
shoes shopping obsession black friday love

cat fail animated GIF

Re: I almost forgot... Tuesday Healthy/Diet/Weight Check In

• Options
    I've been good this check-in week about eating, except for yesterday. I had a migraine so I picked up veggie lo mein on my way home from work for dinner. I've done squats/pilates work about half of the evenings after DS has gone to bed. my weight gain still seems to be in check so far even though it doesn't feel like I'm exercising enough. I'm up 3-4 pounds from prepregnancy. I'm sure I'm in for more weight gain over the holidays. Balancing making good choices with getting some yummy food this time of year is so hard.

Thanksgiving coming up has me thinking about Thanksgiving when I was pregnant with DS. I was trying to watch my sugar/dessert intake so I asked DH for "the smallest piece of pie you can cut, and no whip." When he brought me my pumpkin pie, it was the size of a pencil, with a swirl of whipped cream on it. The first thing out of my mouth was, "Wait, did I forget to tell you no whipped cream?" My family still laughs about it because they all expected me to let him have it about the impossibly small slice.
  • Options
    I bought a prenatal/postnatal yoga DVD. I'm going to call my doctor and get the a-ok before I start it though. But I don't really see why I can't do it. I only ate out for lunch on Monday and that should be the only time I do that this week, so that's a good start. I've drank lots of water and kept my soda to around 2 cans per day. It's a start.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited November 2015
    I haven't really checked in here, but I've been tracking my food. I'll be 16 weeks on Thursday and have gained about 11-13 pounds depending on the day lol (for reference, I started at 5'6'' and 123 pounds, so at the lower end of my healthy range). The good news is, I've been stable in my weight pretty much this month. I see my midwife group tomorrow and am hoping to either be about the same weight I was 4 weeks ago or maybe up like a pound? Although I ate a LOT of sodium today...oops >.<

I'm really struggling on the "how many calories should I eat" front... I was only eating 1,000-1,200 calories a day before becoming pregnant. I know they say "300 extra," but 300 on top of what?? I'm aiming for 1,600ish a day now. Usually a bit over that.

I have always been a quantity eater... I like to eat LARGE meals. I can no longer do this as it becomes very uncomfortable. So, thanksgiving for me is going to be about 1-2 bites of the foods I like. No big portions. Just can't stomach it! 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    I am very proud of myself so far... I promised I'd be super careful this pregnancy as I'm older and I know how hard it was to get off with the last two. I'm 13.5 weeks and down 3lbs. At this point in my other pregnancies had been up by 5-8 at least. I'm excercising 6 days a week (a walk/jog combo for 3 miles) and feel pretty great.
    I use My Fitness Pal app to track my eating and making sure I'm getting enough protein and fruit and veg. Keep my calories around 1600.
    Thanksgiving I can't wait. I'm definitely going to let myself indulge a bit, I'd much rather have delicious rolls than dessert (I'm not a pie fan)
  • Options
    Saw my nutrisionist on Monday and I've gone down on all my measurements and haven't gained any weight yet. So I am super happy.

I am doing about a 80/20 effort I would say (80 being healthy and 20 being normal for me). I am eating much better than before and I really hope I can keep this up. Don't need to gain any weight doc said if I don't want to and can afford to lose some (but with the help of two professionals).

Don't do thanksgiving here and we also don't celebrate Christmas - so holiday season for me should be easy!

Good luck to you all x
  • Options
    I've been pretty good this week. My daughter is off from school all week so no homework and no gymnastics means I can go to the gym in the evening. Feels good to workout! As far as Thanksgiving, I don't overindulge. With this pregnancy I have to eat smaller meals more often otherwise I get sick. We're going camping Fri-Sun so the eating won't be as healthy but it's vacation. Get back to it Monday. Have a great Thanksgiving ladies!
  • Options
    I had an appointment this morning and I've gained 3 lbs (I'm 15w tomorrow).  I'm happy with this and will eat to my hearts desire tomorrow.  Let's be honest, I probably would even if I had gained 15 lbs.  Anyway, this week I've been good about taking walks and eating well.  Today is probably my worst day so far.  I had a bagel for breakfast and I'm still starving so I'll probably have another because it's there. 

I'm thinking of doing a turkey trot 5k tomorrow morning if I can find a running buddy.  I will feel a lot better about the indulgences if I get a good workout in beforehand.  I will eat a lot of vegetables and protein tomorrow, so overall, it won't be too terrible.
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Options
    You ladies who have kept up the workouts deserve an award!

I generally eat pretty healthy I rarely have fast food or soda and try to cook at home. So I haven't made too many diet changes, I'm trying to eat more veggies but I'm still having food aversions, I just want plain toast and scrambled eggs all the time. 

I'm going to try walking every night, since I don't have the energy for previous gym visits. Hopefully next week I can report that I walked every day!
  • Options
    This week (so far) has been pretty good for me. I am 17w3d and am up 2 pounds since pre-pregnancy so I am feeling pretty good. I'm sure it is all going to go to hell tomorrow and I will be typing something very different in next week's thread!
  • Options
    Thanksgiving and Christmas all bets are off.  Thanksgiving is pretty much the only meal we eat that day b/c it is so huge.  I'm not sure how I will do with eating a large meal, But dang it I'm going to indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.  In general,  I'm still not doing so hot on the vegetables.  But I've been eating a lot more fruit - apples and oranges and the occasional grapefruit to be exact. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    ladies, for those of you shopping on Friday, you burn an average of 75 calories an hours shopping. Think about that while getting seconds tomorrow!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I wish you burned calories from online shopping!  I get stabby and uncomfortable when people are looking at the same rack as I am.  Shopping from now until Christmas is such a nightmare for me.  Thank goodness for Amazon prime and all things online shopping.
    Married in 2011

• Options
    I'm so excited to eat tomorrow! I will stop when I'm full. Truthfully, this is a healthy attitude for me going into it compared to the past so I'm feeling good. No self shaming or guilt to get in my way of enjoying my favorite holiday meal!
  • Options
    I would like to get some movement in tomorrow, it always makes a feast more enjoyable in my opinion. I am in charge of the cheese plate, and by being in charge, I think that means I need to make sure I eat all the cheese. That's my holiday M.O. - eat all the cheese.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    I mostly online shop too-- I usually use my ipad so I can walk around while I do it, or do squats. I used to walk on the treadmill during my internet time, but our treadmill always seems to wake up DS. : /
    I wish you burned calories from online shopping!  I get stabby and uncomfortable when people are looking at the same rack as I am.  Shopping from now until Christmas is such a nightmare for me.  Thank goodness for Amazon prime and all things online shopping.

• Options
    At my appointment yesterday I had gained a pound from the last one a month ago, which brings me to 5 since pre-pregnancy. My midwife says I'm right on track so I'm pretty happy. That might change by the next appointment with the way I've been eating lately, but I'm also starting to get more activity in too so hopefully that will help?

Tomorrow however I don't care and I'm eating all the things. I'm doing a turkey trot 5k in the morning. I think I'll have earned it.
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    I mostly online shop too-- I usually use my ipad so I can walk around while I do it, or do squats. I used to walk on the treadmill during my internet time, but our treadmill always seems to wake up DS. : /

**QBF**

I like this!  Maybe as I purchase items, I'll have to carry around dumbbells (and increase the weight) to get the full shopping experience. :P

Married in 2011

• Options
    kbrands7 said:

**QBF**

I like this!  Maybe as I purchase items, I'll have to carry around dumbbells (and increase the weight) to get the full shopping experience. :P

Haha! 
  • Options
    I confess since its Thanksgiving week I kinda gave up and am having a "cheat week"....I had McDonalds and Taco Bell...:::gasssp::: I plan to get back on track next week after all the leftovers are destroyed this weekend.
    As for shopping, DH and I have done "Black Thursday" in the past BUT not this year.  I told him I am in NO shape to do the madness this year. I really do not think I will be able to handle it. However me and my mom are going out on Friday morning.
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all you ladies!! Enjoy your yummy meals and holiday off work.

(I'm Canadian so we had ours last month)
  • Options
    I have not been doing great at all. Hope to get back on track after Thursday! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    seasalt123seasalt123 member
    edited November 2015
    I had a bad week. I just ate too much food...even though a lot of it was healthy. But then Thursday my boss brought in chocolates for me and then yesterday someone made brownies for me which sort of met my dietary requirements...with home made whipped cream. I'm not getting on the scale if I can help it because I know my weight will creep up these two days of sugar feasting and I'd rather not know about it. If I eat clean the next few days, it should even itself out again. Midwife appointment today. My midwives don't weigh us yet at this point, so at least I can not think about it for a while longer. 

This week I made some dairy free salmon chowder (it's super easy to make, which is good, because I'm lazy):