High-Risk Pregnancy

High risk the second time!?

I had a cerclage and progesterone shots with my son becaude I had a short cervix what are the chances of going through the same thing this pregnancy?

Re: High risk the second time!?

• It depends on your diagnosis and the outcome of the pregnancy, I believe. Were you diagnosed with an incompetent cervix? If so, it is likely that will be an issue every pregnancy and your doctor will probably want to take preventative measures such as the cerclage and regular cervical length measurements. If you have a history of preterm delivery then the progesterone shots will also be likely to need to be administered again. It will depend on your history and your doctor's philosophy on everything, but they will most likely want to be as cautious as possible!
  • They'll probably do a cerlage again this time, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't remember I just know I went in to find out what I was having and ended up in labor and delivery. I was 20 weeks so I'm wondering what the soonest they can find out if I'm gonna have the same problem.
  • They won't "know," but I'm willing to bet they'd do a preventive cerclage early on. Same doctor?
  • Yeah same dr