August 2015 Moms

Could my return to work be why my baby isn't sleeping at night?

My 12 week old BF baby was sleeping longer stretches at night, usually about 5-6, sometimes 7 hours. I returned to work from maternity leave on Monday and since then he has gone back to waking every 1.5-2 hours all night. My husband insists he is teething, friends say its a normal sleep regression, but I wonder if its related to me going back to work? Anyone else have the same experience? Any advice?

Best Answer

Answers

• My baby has started doing the same since last week but it was before I joined work, which was two days ago.
    So it has to do with something else, not me going back to work.
    I'm praying he gets back to his routine soon. I already feel drained because of the sleepless nights.
  • Loading the player...
  • My bottle fed baby had sleep regression the week I went back to work. I was wondering the same thing. I have been back for a few weeks and she went from sleeping 6-8 hour stretches to waking up 1 sometimes two times. I think it's probably the age.
  • Thank god it isn't only me! The only difference for me it's I know WHY, just can't figure how to fix it. Baby doesn't nap as long it as soundly at daycare because of all the new noises and stimulation, so he's exhausted when he gets home and conks out between 6-7 and doesn't want to wake up, making him NOT tired at 2am! He does fine on the weekends at home, but during the week he a hot mess. I try to wake him and keep him up, but he's not having it. I do get a feeding in before I go to bed at 11, but he is still up between 2-3, wanting a feeding we were previously able to skip.