High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

PreE

I am 30w2d - due on 1/30 with my fourth baby. I had PIH with my three previous pregnancies and I was induced all three times (37w, 39w and then 36w).
I am currently hospitalized as of today for a sudden onset of preeclampsia. They gave me first round of steroid shots. I'm not certain what to expect from this point and on. They said the next 24-48hrs will determine if I need to deliver right away. If not, what is the typical plan to stay pregnant? Bedrest?
I'm so worried. My kids are only 6,5 and 3 and my husband is so overwhelmed already. Any advice or tips or questions I should be asking?
Thanks in advance.

Re: PreE

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear of all you are going through. I know it has been a few days since you posted, I hope everything is still going okay. I had a pre-e scare that turned out to just be PIH, but I was told that bed rest and close observation is pretty much the protocol for all cases. They said if I had pre-e they would keep me in the hospital until it either became severe, I went into labor on my own, or I hit 37 weeks-- whatever came first. Good luck to you!