May 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 11/24

It's Tuesday here on the East Coast of the US of A. 

Who or what is your twatwaffle today?

Mine is my inlaws.  I hate hate hate the way they treat my husband.  They put him in the middle of their bs which drives him up the wall.  They have no idea how much this bothers him.  And even if they did I doubt they would be able to stop b/c they have been doing this crap to him for such a long time.   They are nice enough people, but I hate the way they treat him and that makes me NOT like them very much.  Couple of different things going on right now. 
One thing is his dad is being scammed by some dude saying he will buy one of his rental properties for 40 thousand b/c the guy claims it isn't worth it b/c it will be near the new highway that is going to be started on in 2022.  Complete and total BS.  DH came home and looked at the map and it is nowhere near it.   Yet his dad refuses to believe DH and would rather believe a complete stranger over his own son. 

Second situation would require background information the size of a novella.  The really really really short version is his dad drives everyone crazy with his spoiled brattiness and manipulations.  His mom and dad go through this thing where one minute they are friends, the next they aren't.  His mom is suddenly back in his dad's life (as a friend, although I'm sure he'd want more).  Has been for the past three weeks and today asks him for 15thousand dollars to borrow so that her and another friend can buy a house as that was all they lacked on it.  Her "friend" is a blind man whose house burned down earlier this year and he did not have insurance.  Not sure where they came up with the money to do that.   She is bi-polar and honestly I think this is a sign that she is starting to go manic again.  She goes manic about every three or four years.  So anyway, DH has power of attorney over his dad's money.  They set that up so that DH could help his dad make deposits into his bank account etc and help him with his finances when he was not able to make it to the bank.  That is the ONLY reason.  His dad is of perfect sound mind to make those decisions.  Yet he wants to put the whole whether he should lend her the money or not on DH's shoulders.  Kind of forcing him into the middle so that no matter what move he makes he will be the "bad guy" in at least one of his parents eyes. 

I hate the way they do this to him.  He hates it too.  He is to the point of wishing his parents would just leave him alone and never speak to him again.  His parents are a level of crazy I've never seen before in my entire life.   Here lately (within the past couple years) I'm wondering what the heck did I marry into?

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 11/24

• Options
    I'm the twatwaffle this week. We're leaving for Orlando tomorrow, where the temps will be in the 70s/80s (yay for that!). I waited until last night to pack, and when I tried on the roomiest pair of shorts I own I discovered that they no longer fit. I expected that they wouldn't button--no big deal, right? But no, they barely even fit over my butt and thighs, and there's no way I can wear them in public.

Where am I supposed to find maternity shorts with 1 day left when it's 40 degrees outside?!
  • Options
    AuntieCre5AuntieCre5 member
    edited November 2015

This goes out to the butt that sits next to me at work. Ugh I could start a whole thread just on him. But I will spare you guys. First of all, his baby mama is due any day now and he is going out of town to take care of some 'important business' if you knew this loser you would know he has no important business... Our boss asked, do you know when you are going out of town? His response, I'm really worried I can't get ahold of my sister.. Again she asked, do you know when you are going out of town? 'Yes' .......... *sigh* Well are you going to miss any work? 'Uh yeah a probably a few days'

Grrrr!! he frustrates me!! A ounce of detail would be awesome! And I'm off Thursday to next Tuesday and if his 'important business' messes up any of my days off, I will hurt him.

Wow, I've never gotten on here to vent before. it really does make a difference! thanks ladies!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The mta! Sat 40 minutes at a station for "police investigation". My commute is already an hour so today was almost double that. And I can barely make it through the hour commute without almost peeing my pants so this morning was brutal!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Twatwaffle goes to my husband and mother in law. One thing I'm really concerned about is my daughter choking on food. She's 17 months old and will try to shove too much in her mouth occasionally. I cut her food really small for now until I can trust her not to take huge bites. On this issue my philosophy is better safe than sorry.

Last week I caught DH feeding her jumbo frozen strawberry halves. She liked them because they were cold, but she could easily stick a whole one in her mouth and choke. Wtf. I had to explain I don't care if he gives her them, but cut them bite sized! Of course I didn't explain nicely, and went off the handle with f-bombs.

Mil is watching her tonight because I have to work and I'm going to cut and preportion her food. Mil and DH have a thing about shoving more food in her mouth even when she's clearly finished or messing with her while she's eating and upsetting her. No, don't try to wipe her hands when she has a huge mouthful. Just leave the damn kid alone! Last time mil babysat she also gave her bites of her kit Kat bar before bed and wondered why she wasn't tired....

I'm so paranoid DD is going to choke when I'm not here. It's my biggest stressor. I considered calling in to work tonight just so I'm home with her.

I work 3-4 nights a week and I swear when I'm not here her routines go out the window and everything goes to hell. Grrrrr

• Options
    I'm the twatwaffle this week. We're leaving for Orlando tomorrow, where the temps will be in the 70s/80s (yay for that!). I waited until last night to pack, and when I tried on the roomiest pair of shorts I own I discovered that they no longer fit. I expected that they wouldn't button--no big deal, right? But no, they barely even fit over my butt and thighs, and there's no way I can wear them in public. Where am I supposed to find maternity shorts with 1 day left when it's 40 degrees outside?!

My Kohls has a tony maternity section with a clearance rack...we're going to Mexico in a few weeks and that's where I found my maternity shorts.  Plus they were like $4.00 because...you know...it's cold :)
  • Options
    @buzzbee614 I so hear you! MH does the exact same thing by trying to feed my son when he already has a mouthful of food. What's up with that?

And now...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You guys am I the twatwaffle?

DH's best friend and his wife are having a b-day party for their one year old. I get that this is cute for the family and fun to celebrate, but would you expect people to drive 5 hours from out of town to attend? I really don't want to spend a weekend driving for this, but they will be upset if we don't go. 

I just don't understand, it will be their family and friends who are a bunch of 20 somethings who don't have kids. Sure, some people don't mind going to a kids party but I figured it was understood people with kids probably don't want to go watch a 1 year old eat cake unless they are supper close with the kid. I would maybe be more inclined to go if I could have wine to tolerate the party and didn't have so much work around the house to get done before baby. Or if our friends wanted to spend time together why wouldn't we plan a weekend when they don't have to worry about hosting a party. 

Am I being grumpy for not wanting to go? Or are our friends the twatwaffles? Any advice? 
  • Options
    @lusitano8 Do you think they sent out an invitation so you felt included, or do they actually expect you to make the trip??
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Options
    @buzzbee614 I so hear you! MH does the exact same thing by trying to feed my son when he already has a mouthful of food. What's up with that?

And now...

AHHHHH DH and I always say "whats up with dat" and I do the running man!
    snl zach galifianakis jason sudeikis whats up with that ambidextrous disco flute player

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Lusitano8Lusitano8 member
    edited November 2015
    @lusitano8 Do you think they sent out an invitation so you felt included, or do they actually expect you to make the trip??

They expect us to be there to some extent, they would understand if we didn't go if we were sick or something. We didn't go out to their baby shower and they (more the wife) was hurt we didn't come. So I'm thinking they will be bummed if we don't go out. Hence my guilt for not wanting to go. 

• Options
    @Lusitano8 there's no way I would travel that far. I'd just send a gift.

You're not a twatwaffle. They are if they'd truly be mad you didn't go.

I didn't care who came to my one year olds party. I had it mainly for the grandmas anyway.
  • Options
    Ditto to everything @buzzbee614 said! 
    Married in 2011

• Options
    wamam027wamam027 member
    edited November 2015
    @Lusitano8 you're most definitely not the twat waffle. My SIL stopped speaking to us and told her children that they no longer have an aunt or an uncle because we didn't love them enough for me to SKIP MY COLLEGE GRADUATION AND FLY FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO SEATTLE, WA FOR A 3 YEAR OLDS BIRTHDAY PARTY! I couldn't bite my tongue and I told her "I'm sorry, you're insane if you think I'm going to miss one of the biggest moments of my life to attent my nieces 3rd birthday party". She expects us to fly out every single party and its like, they'll have a birthday every year and they're so little that they probably won't even notice that we aren't in attendance with all of their 3 year old friends and their parents at the party. I wouldn't spend that type of money to go to a child's birthday party even if I were free and I'd never expect anyone to drive, fly, whatever to come for my child's birthday. You go about working on that house of yours if that's what you'd like to do with your weekend and don't sweat it one bit.
  • Options
    The twatwaffle is my husband's work. We're leaving Friday to go camping and he has to work half day. Everyone wants to leave early Friday and now we have to wait. My husband works so much and I know this is why they're successful, but it's the long weekend!! Fingers crossed he can head out even earlier. 
  • Options
    The twatwaffle in my life is the 4 shelters I called this morning to see if they could take my cat...who all said NO!!!!! Seriously?! I was sobbing on the phone, but they kept saying that her behaviors are not acceptable and one "no-kill" even said outright, "Have you considered euthanasia?" Finally, I found one that I wasn't able to talk to anyone, but they had a surrender form online...but it is $100 to surrender the cat!!! $100?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?! When I told my sister, she just texted back, "Don't worry. Merry Christmas!" I am obviously going to pay her back, but I can not believe it costs that much to surrender a cat. I honestly don't know what my other options are at this point. I am trying to do the right thing here, but they are making it very difficult. GAHHHHH!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm the twatwaffle this week. We're leaving for Orlando tomorrow, where the temps will be in the 70s/80s (yay for that!). I waited until last night to pack, and when I tried on the roomiest pair of shorts I own I discovered that they no longer fit. I expected that they wouldn't button--no big deal, right? But no, they barely even fit over my butt and thighs, and there's no way I can wear them in public.

Where am I supposed to find maternity shorts with 1 day left when it's 40 degrees outside?!

My Kohls has a tony maternity section with a clearance rack...we're going to Mexico in a few weeks and that's where I found my maternity shorts.  Plus they were like $4.00 because...you know...it's cold :)

Great idea! I was just thinking about Kohls, but I wasn't sure if they had maternity. I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    I'm the twatwaffle this week. We're leaving for Orlando tomorrow, where the temps will be in the 70s/80s (yay for that!). I waited until last night to pack, and when I tried on the roomiest pair of shorts I own I discovered that they no longer fit. I expected that they wouldn't button--no big deal, right? But no, they barely even fit over my butt and thighs, and there's no way I can wear them in public. Where am I supposed to find maternity shorts with 1 day left when it's 40 degrees outside?!

Great idea! I was just thinking about Kohls, but I wasn't sure if they had maternity. I'll give it a shot.
    Will any thing work with a belly band??

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    My twatwaffle is my uncle. Last night I texted him for his address (he moved) and he sent it back and asked why I needed it. I told him it was for Christmas cards. He then proceeded to tell me to save my money. I all I said back was "way to be nice. Have a good night." He then texted me back and said "well it is a waste of money." I sent him a text back that said "I don't tell you how to spend your money, please don't tell me how to spend mine." 

By the way, he borrowed $100,000 from my grandparents before the passed and only had to pay back $35,000 (from when they sold the house). They are upside down on a house they own so they can't sell it but are renting a crappy farmhouse for cheap. And he bought a Mustang when he got his inheritance from my grandmother. But his children don't wear clothes that fit them and they can't afford monthly bills. 

But please, tell me how to spend my money when my husband and I are responsible adults. I'm still mad about this.
  • Options

Sigh.  It's tiny.  A TINY maternity section.  Words are so hard.
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    edited November 2015
    URG, so I think I have mentioned my assistant before and how horrid she is. She reports to me and to another manager who is on maternity leave, so we shifted some of the responsibility around while other manager is out so the assistant handles more in that area. Well, I hear through the grapevine that she wants to leave early tomorrow and doesn't think she needs to ask me because she hasn't been reporting into me as much (only for the duration of her other managers immateriality leave). How freaking stupid is she??? I am still her hiring manager and the one that signs off on her raises! And apparently she yelled at someone else on the team today. I hope she quits, and soon. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Bluejay3030Bluejay3030 member
    edited November 2015
    yogahh said:

Will any thing work with a belly band??

------qbf------

God, I wish. The bigger problem is my butt and thighs. Apparently they have gotten huge ;)
  • Options

The twatwaffle in my life is the 4 shelters I called this morning to see if they could take my cat...who all said NO!!!!! Seriously?! I was sobbing on the phone, but they kept saying that her behaviors are not acceptable and one "no-kill" even said outright, "Have you considered euthanasia?" Finally, I found one that I wasn't able to talk to anyone, but they had a surrender form online...but it is $100 to surrender the cat!!! $100?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?! When I told my sister, she just texted back, "Don't worry. Merry Christmas!" I am obviously going to pay her back, but I can not believe it costs that much to surrender a cat. I honestly don't know what my other options are at this point. I am trying to do the right thing here, but they are making it very difficult. GAHHHHH!

I think shelters ask for a surrender fee to help recoup costs they incur rather than people not spaying or neutering their pets and then using them as a dumping ground. Not that your situation is the case, but that's likely why. Have you checked with local rescues in your area? They might have other options than a shelter.
  • Options
    I'll jump on the Twatwaffle = my in-laws bandwagon.  We've been waiting for them to make up their minds about Thanksgiving plans for the last month (since WE are the ones traveling and DH works til almost midnight, so we would like to know whether we need to be up early or not to drive).  First MIL said she didn't want to cook and wanted to go out to eat but didn't give us a time.  My brother and his fiancée are hosting my family's meal this year, which is huge for them, so they set a time a month ago at 3pm.  Yesterday, DH tells me that MIL is making a full meal (knowing we are eating at 3pm at my brother's) for noon.  However, DH's family NEVER does anything on time, so we will likely be eating closer to 1 or 130.  GRRRRRRRR.
  • Options
    My dogs are fricken JERKS! I'm on the back patio reading since it's a beautiful day, and I decide to change their water. So in the minute it takes for me to turn on the water and come back, my book is SHREDDED and no one looks guilty. These jerks don't give a damn! Other labs would look so remorseful, avoiding eye contact, and these ones are like "that was fun, give us another." I think I'm raising some sociopaths.
  • Options
    @lemmyRN my labs never bother looking remorseful either!!
  • Options
    @LemmyRN Bummer!  Even after you were so generous and got them new sweaters!

Or... maybe that's why? :P 
    Married in 2011

• Options
    They both are just at that asshole teenager stage where they are defiant, rebellious dickheads. Sorry there is no better way to describe it, and Christian cursing won't do. They are both turning 1 year soon. I wish I could take them on more walks to kill that destructive energy but I have to wait for DH cause if I try to handle both I know I'm gonna strain something or have RL pain kill me. We have a massive backyard so they get exercise. This gif pretty much sums these two hell hounds up
  • Options
    May I ask why you need to give you cat up???
  • Options
    DH wins today. I just get home from my target, craft store, kohls, Taco Bell run and he non chalantly tells me 'my sister is on her way over. She'll be here in 10 mins'. No wonder he wanted me to go out. Trying to butter me up so I can't get mad at him. :angry:
    Lisa2742 said:

May I ask why you need to give you cat up???
    I think this was the same thing but I thought I saw in a previous post the cat attacked her DS and then also her later... If it's the wrong post ignore me, but that's probably why.
  • Options
    My new Ninja. I cleaned it like the instructions say and barely touched the blades with the side of my finger and I'm bleeding like a stuck pig!! It also hurts!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    My brother in law wins today (and most days). DH'S family is a lot older than mine so his oldest brother is nearly my dad's age. He has one son and thinks he is an expert on parenting and pregnancy, among other things. And by other things, I mean all things.

He calls us from the treadmill this week and starts on the "just you wait until..." train with DH, who I see rolling his eyes. Then he proceeds to tell us it's not too early in the pregnancy to get rid of our dog.

My dog is 10 years old and I've had her for 8 years. We put her through a really great obedience training program a few years ago. Why would any twatwaffle assume that I would just get rid of my senior citizen dog before she even has a chance to learn good behavior around the babies (we're having twins)?
  • Options
    @rlworzalla my sister did end up taking her to the MSPCA (45 min away!) and all they said was she was encouraged to make a donation with the surrender. And, while she was there, 2 families came in asking if the center had any young female cats to adopt out and they said they didn't have any young cats! So, my sister slyly mentioned to one of the ladies that she was surrendering an adorable 9 month old female cat and the woman almost took her right then and there! Of course, she needed to go through the MSPCA adoption process, but she was so thankful because her daughter's 17th birthday is today and she really wanted a kitten. I just made sure that the shelter and my sister reiterated that the cat should NOT be around young children and would probably benefit from a companion cat (this family has a 4 year old cat already). All-in-all, I feel like the whole situation worked out for the best.

@Lisa2742 my cat has been very aggressive to me (since I got pregnant...weird) and recently attacked my son (picture in the CAT GIF OFF thread). She is a great cat, but can't be around small children. We tried everything, but I think a different home is the perfect solution for everyone.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @laurenmdrn16 glad it worked outdo well!