1st Trimester

STM already feeling huge, 7wks

Not sure if my ob apt today has something to do with how I'm feeling or hormones ... My doctor reminded me that I had unhealthy weight gain last pregnancy. I was on bed rest and gained nearly 50lbsin my tiny frame (5'2'' normally 120lbs). She doesn't want me to be too active because of my risk for preterm labor but wants me to be conscious enough to not gain nearly as much.

When I found out I was pregnant, I was already teetering on the heavier side of my normal and starting to get back into shape. Since the bfp I've had zero motivation to work out due to the pure exhaustion of being pregnant and chasing after a tantruming 2yo, and balancing a full time job. The morning sickness has been constant and if I get hungry it gets bad ... So I'm trying to balance eating well with eating often and eating what makes me feel less sick. I feel like I've already gained weight just from not being active. I know I'm not getting enough water and a lot is bloat but I feel huge and I can see it ... The apt today just put me over the edge.

For other STM+, what do you do to motivate yourself to workout and not pack on the lbs while managing it all? I really don't want to lose myself this time around and God forbid I'm put back on bed rest, now is the time for me to put on healthy weight, if any. Would appreciate any advice or encouragement. Tia.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STM already feeling huge, 7wks

• I try to eat foods that have lower carb content. It makes me feel full longer. I think it helps as well to eat small snacks during the day

I eat a lot of :
    peppers and Greek yogurt dip
    Hard boiled eggs
    Cottage cheese
    Carrots or apples on occasion ( lots of sugar in carrots n apples tho but it's better than a snickers )
    taco lettuce wraps

However I had a double cheeseburger from five guys a few days ago and it's worth it to have a cheat meal. So good!

When you feel sick honestly just eat what you can and don't be too hard on yourself. Just watch the sugar content :)

• I just have to put this out there.  Some women gain a lot of weight, no matter what.  That may just be your body's reaction.  Was your first baby particularly large? If not, I'd think that your body may just tend towards more weight gain than others. I would tell your doctor you'd like the emphasis to be on staying comfortable and making sure baby is healthy, not just on the numbers.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016