November 2015 Moms

Membrane stripped

Just had my membrane stripped, anyone else ever had this done? If so what can I expect?

Re: Membrane stripped

• Seriously... Use the search feature. It's phenomenally good at getting your questions answered!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sooo used the search and it's not working on my phone right now): I kept trying but it won't work. I'm wondering if it's a connection problem. Awell. Was just curious if any November moms had it done and what experience they had with it. Thanks for the link tho.. Even tho I can't pull it up either. I'll try again later.
  • The link above is for the pinned thread at the top of the November board. Lots of ladies have had membrane sweeps and have discussed them on that thread. You'll hopefully find some useful information if you check it out.
  • OK, you said the link isn't working on your phone so I will tell you mine. I had my membranes swept at 38 weeks and 4 cm dilated... Nothing. The following week same thing stripped at 5 cm. Dr told me at that appt today's the day...nope but I did lose my mucus plug that day and went 4 days later.
  • I had my stripped at 37w 6d when I was 3 cm and 50% effaced. My midwife was hoping it would help put me in labor to avoid induction (due to pre-e). I got crampy and bled a bit. The ultrasound tech also said I was contracting during my BPP (I just thought my back was hurting from laying on it). It wasn't enough to get me into labor before my induction (38w 1d).
  • Second baby. Got membranes swept at 38+6 weeks at 3cm dilated. Went into labor that night and delivered early next morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies. So far no labor for me. Lost my mucus plug that day and was crampy but that was Monday and today is Thursday. I have an appointment on Wednesday the 2nd to get induced if nothing happens by then. Ugh was totally hoping I'd go into labor with it!
  • Thank you ladies. So far no labor for me. Lost my mucus plug that day and was crampy but that was Monday and today is Thursday. I have an appointment on Wednesday the 2nd to get induced if nothing happens by then. Ugh was totally hoping I'd go into labor with it!

Good luck! I hope you go into labor before then! Inductions aren't fun, but a healthy baby is what matters and regardless, the experience will be unique and completely yours. Try not to fret about it. You get a baby at the end!

I had mine stripped at 39 weeks when I was 2 cm. I lost my mucus plug and had some cramps but No labor..

I had another sweep at 40 weeks 3cm again I bled for a bit and had cramps. I was induced days later.

It works for some but I seem to be resilient to them since this was my third baby and I had sweeps with each one.