January 2016 Moms
Options

Preterm labor

Well I woke up this morning around 5:30, just to find my water was breaking! I'm only 32 weeks today and have been hooked up to antibiotics and bedrest. Now all I can do is sit and wait for a maximum of two weeks until something happens. Never had any complications during my pregnancy besides when me and hubby had sex the other night and a couple blood vessels ruptured and caused bleeding. I came in right away and they said I'd be fine just relax and don't have sex for a week. Two days later here I am! They say its not related to the incident. First baby no abortions or previous preterm. Anyone else have this happen and if so what's your story?

Re: Preterm labor

• Options
    My water did not break. But I went into preterm labor at 27 weeks. They were able to stop it thanks to the mag drip. I am now 32 weeks and still pregnant. On full bed rest, waiting for the arrival of baby any day because I am dilating really fast. It is scary, but you've made it to a safe place in pregnancy. My ob said that baby will most likely not have complications and jist need to finish growing like he would in the womb. Good luck! I know it is super scary.
  • Options
    It happened to my sister at 30 weeks with her first. She was able to go two days before the baby decided to come. When she went into labor, the nurses didn't believe her for some reason? So no one tried to stop it. Maybe they don't try to stop it after your water breaks though - I'm not sure how that works. My niece is 7 now and doing great! The doctors said they had no idea what caused it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure once your water breaks they have to deliver you within a certain amount of time.  I think that's probably one of the big factors between preterm labor and your water breaking early.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You've been on BR for 5 weeks? I can feel your pain, I'm glad all is well with you and baby! @JuliaOrr
  • Options
    Yeah I think once it comes it comes but that's why I'm on BR to try and prolongue the process of me going into labor! That makes me very hopeful thank you :)@MeghaJake
  • Options
    Yeah I think my time frame is two weeks, then if still nothing they're inducing me
  • Options
    12 Days ago I was admitted to hospital at 29 weeks to monitor and collect urine for 24 hours for pre e. At 230 AM Twin A broke her sac. After that HUGE whirlwind. LOTS of magnesium antibiotics and steroid shots. In the end labor was not able to be stopped and both of my girls were born. I did not have any complications during my pregnancy at all. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Currently being kept at the hospital for preterm labor . Woke up in a puddle of blood a couple days ago . I will officially be 34 weeks on Tuesday. I'm dilated 3cm already and I've lost my plug . They stopped labor with the mag drip and I will be on procardia until further notice . . . . They want to keep lil mama in there as long as possible . No complications so far & no warnings for all this, which makes it that much more scary, but my doctors and nurses are good. More than likely going to be stuck on bedrest; anything for my princess♡