TTC After a Loss

Sex... Should it be uncomfortable?

So, my husband and I are ttc after naturally miscarrying in September. I had an u/s and all seemed good to go in Septmember. Now around ovulation (or when I am guessing is ovulation) there is discomfort in some positions. And today, there was even some minor spotting. Should I be concerned? Has anyone had this? I want to keep trying since this should be my fertile window but I'm nervous... Any advice?

Re: Sex... Should it be uncomfortable?

• I'd say it's normal. (If everything looks okay from an ob standpoint). Just avoid those positions.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• I actually had that happen around 6-8 dpo last cycle. I chalked it up to implantation, though I wasn't sure since the discomfort was something I wasn't expecting. I'm sure it's not a big deal but it might not hurt to call your OB just to be sure.
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to me the following weeks after my m/c. The first time after the mc was especially painful. But it gets better over time. It's just your body going back to normal. Tell DH to go easy on you for a while and it should go away within a few weeks/months. :smile:
  • What she said ^^^. I'm going through that too, I miscarried again a few weeks ago. We are not TTC seriously quite yet but yes sex is a little uncomfortable at first but it'll get better as times goes on...you are still healing. With my first m/c it took me a few times for it to feel back to normal again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thanks ladies. I did call our early pregnancy loss centre. They rechecked my ultrasound and said its all good... I'll just chalk it up to the position, since trying otherwise the discomfort isn't there.. Sex may be a tad more boring lol but it'll all get better with time
  • I am going through the same thing. Hope you start feeling better.
  • It did get better so not sure what the deal was! Now I begin the tortuous waiting period! So hard to survive!
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited December 2015
    For me, things were sore all over that area for a couple of weeks. My doctor has said it is a traumatic situation for the reproductive system so it will be sore but will go back to normal eventually, when is different for everyone :( My first time having sex post MC was quite painful, even though we waited three weeks! We just weren't ready mentally so we gave ourselves time and just cuddled for that time. Anyway, the pain ended up dissipating, thankfully.

Edit: re-wording
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers