July 2015 Moms

SAHM threw back out

I'm a SAHM and I just threw my back out. It's killer painful and poor LO is so dependent on me. Just picking her up out of her crib kills me and none of my family can come out to help. I'm trying my hardest to do little so I can heal quickly. Went to the doctor and got some meds but he really just said all I could do was rest. But there's no rest for a mommy. It's funny cause I think LO knows I'm in so much pain cause she's talking to me more and not as demanding. But it's still sad when I scare her from grunting when I pick her up to change her. She weighs 16 4oz and just turned 4 months. I'm doing all I can but it's going to be a long road. Any mommies ever hurt their back

Re: SAHM threw back out

• I really hope you feel better and you'll see tomorrow will be a better day!! Praying you get a speedy recovery and try to rest, maybe reading some books to your little one could keep her entertained while you rest! Sending hugs your way!!! Keep us updated and hope you feel better!! :smile:
  • I messed up my back last Wednesday (I have a dislocation from a car accident in my lower back that coupled with major sciatica). I was lucky and was able to have her stay with my folks for a night while I rested my back since dh had to work that night & therefore couldn't help with lifting her. I'm still having back pain (she's 18lbs) I think I'll be looking into going to the chiropractor for an adjustment.
  • Loading the player...
  • My backs finally manageable. Had to go to the doctors again. This time I was given a short in my back to help. It's been a slow road to recovery, since I'm still having to lift LO a lot and do my daily chores. Though DH takes over when he gets home. That's helps a lot. I feel bad cause the evenings are her rough times. She's usually tired. And so his he from work. And he's still trying to get the hang of dealing with her. As I'm already used to her cause I'm with her 24/7. So he doesn't understand that she's just fussy cause she's tired or bored.