TTC After a Loss
Options

TTC after a loss

Hi, This is my first post do hello everyone. I had a miscarriage back in June and a D&C in July. Periods are back to normal and we were given the ok to start trying again. The end of this month will be 2 months into us trying again. I just found out my best friend is pregnant and I find myself wanting even more to be pregnant :( how long did it take for you to become pregnant after a D&C thanks!

Re: TTC after a loss

• Options
    Hi I'm sorry for your loss. I had a D&C last January and got pregnant again the third cycle trying. Unfortunately I miscarried that one too and had another D&C in July. We've been benched since then and I'm hoping after I have my septum come out we will concieve as quickly as we did before but I know it can take a perfectly healthy couple up to a year - FX you get a sticky PFP soon.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    BornReadyBornReady member
    edited November 2015
    So sorry for your loss. I just had my loss at the beginning of November, so I don't have any experience with getting pregnant again. My first pregnancy which resulted in a live birth @ 35 weeks took me over a year to conceive of active trying. My second pregnancy which ended in an unassisted miscarriage @ 9 weeks, took 4 months of trying. 

My Mom had 6 miscarriages in her TTC journey. The only luck she had was after a D&C for her final miscarriage. She went on  to have 3 full-term babies after that. 

Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your input. It's just so hard..but I don't have to tell you both that. I want to be happy for my friends that are pregnant. Good luck to both of you!