July 2015 Moms

Being sick with a baby = torture!

Well tis the season! I woke up this morning with burning sinuses! Now I have a full fledge cold! My head is pounding, my nose is running!, I feel sick to my stomach! I'm scarred my little one is going to get this! Also any advise on how to care for your tiny human well feeling like a sack of potatoes

Re: Being sick with a baby = torture!

• Right there with ya!! Definitely not easy feeling like you were hit by a truck with a baby..I hope you have people around that can help you out..that's been my saving grace
  • Totally feel your pain. My DD got a cold last week and she gave it to me so I was caring for her while I was sick too. And then the last couple days I've been feeling naseaus and today I threw up so I'm hoping its not the start of a flu. My husband had to go to work for a few hrs tonight at the exact time I started feeling extremely nauseas. Luckily my baby is fairly calm and just hung out in her bouncer while I was barfing. She felt left out cuz she spit up a few minutes later lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the stomach bug last week...I nursed my LO whenever I felt like I wouldn't throw up on him- just to give him the antibodies to protect himself from getting it....then hubby took him off to daycare. I felt so guilty being at home but sending LO to daycare-- but I was up every hour from 7:30am until 2:30am the next day! It was the worst! My poor husband had to do everything :-( Luckily I was the only one who got it though...
  • Ugh, we all got a nasty stomach bug 2 weeks ago... DH, DS and I! Not fun at all, we all just stayed in bed for a few days and I attempted to work from home when I could. I was amazed how quickly laundry & dishes piled up... I called my mom 2000 miles away and told her I never wanted her here more than at that moment!