July 2015 Moms
Options

Cluster feeding at 19 weeks?

Is this possible? My son wakes up 3 to 4 times a night to eat and it's easier to put him on my breast than have DH warm up a bottle each time. I am wondering if this is could technically be considered cluster feeding because he is eating every two hours it seems through the night? Or is this just a normal growth period? I miss the once a night feeding when he was in his second and early third month :-(

Re: Cluster feeding at 19 weeks?

• Options
    My son is also going through this. He wakes up every 2-3 hours and hungry. I think it's a growth period though because he has grown so much in the last week or two. And I agree with you about being so much easier to nurse at night! I'm sure it is just a phase, enjoy it mama while it lasts and hang in there! :smile:
  • Options
    Part of the 4 mo sleep regression, maybe? Mine just went through it. Now he's back to once a night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Part of the 4 mo sleep regression, maybe? Mine just went through it. Now he's back to once a night.

This is what his pediatrician said.. How long did yours do this for? I am ready for him to go back to sleeping through the night !
  • Options
    My daughter is almost 18 weeks and also cluster feeding at night and her dr said it could be the first sign of teething!
  • Options
    My LO has eaten that often at night since he was born. I think it's totally normal.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    I read there is a big growth spurt around 4.5 months.
  • Options
    My LO did that but he wasn't hungry.. Just awake and looking for comfort. Might be part of the sleep regression

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

• Options
    My son was on a great schedule for over a month, would usually only wake around 3 or 4am for a feeding. Then around just over 3 months it all went out the window! He wanted hourly feeds for almost 2 weeks, we're now back to every 2 hours or so, sometimes 3. I'm breastfeeding as well, no solids yet, I can't wait to move past this! Good luck momma you are not alone! This too will pass, but it's not easy especially when you have to get up and work in the morning!
  • Options
    Baby girl is 19 weeks, she has been waking up at 3/3:30a the last couple nights. We only give her 2oz of formula to hold her over & a fresh diaper then put her back to bed. Prior to this she had been sleeping through the night since 6 weeks. I only give 2oz because I know she can make it through the night & dont want to mess up our schedule by having her think we eat in the middle of the night. She goes right back to sleep until I have to wake her at 5:30a on work days or off days she wakes at 6a.

I'm hoping to avoid any major sleep regression this month. *Fingers crossed* I definitely know she's in a growth spurt, I measured her today and she is +1.5 lbs & 3/4" since her 4 month check up ONLY 2 weeks ago!