Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Newborn has heart mermer

Hello
I am looking for any advice from mothers who have experience with heart mermer's in babies. We were told last night my 16 day old baby boy has a heart mermer and we are getting a referral to a cardiologists.

Looking for any advice or moms with experience with this

Thanks!
Megan

Re: Newborn has heart mermer

• Options
    I don't have specific advice (we are seeing a cardiologist too but for other reasons), but I have heard that a lot of babies that have early murmurs detected, generally have them go away. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
  • Options
    Both of my babies have mermers, and still do - as do I and my mother. I figure it must be something genetic. Ours are benign, as are many. Wishing you the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one and mine went away!
  • Options
    It's not uncommon and most go away. The cardiologist will most likely do an echocardiogram which is an ultrasound of the heart to rule out any problems then they just keep checking on it until it goes away.
  • Options
    My 7 weeks old has the same thing. Many babies do have it and it's more common than I expected. We are having the ultrasound examination as well this week. I surely hope that both our babies will be fine.
  • Options
    Me too! Keep me posted! are u going to a cardiologist?
    Megan
  • Options
    Yes we are going to the hospital this week.