2nd Trimester
Options

Help, am sick, very nervous

I am 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, I have had an upper respiratory infection for a few days, doctor gave me penicillin for the infection, I had a fever of 101.8 today, should I be nervous? The doctor says take tylanol for the fever, but I am more scared for my baby, I do not want to lose her... when do I need to be concerned about my fever?

Re: Help, am sick, very nervous

• Options
    You need to get your fever under 101. When I had a fever, the doc said Tylenol was safe and to take it as needed. It is better to take the Tylenol than to let your fever stay at 101.
  • Options
    PLEASE take the Tylenol. 2 extra strength pills is safe. You are doing more damage not getting yourself better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call your OB and ask what else you can do. 
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    Yes, tylanol seemed to work. But will in lose my baby from this?
  • Options
    mcherchmcherch member
    edited November 2015
    I meant from the fever
  • Options
    mcherch said:
    Yes, tylanol seemed to work. But will in lose my baby from this?
    Are you being serious? I have a hard time believing this post but if this isn't MUD, your baby will be fine. Relax.
  • Options
    mcherchmcherch member
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    mcherchmcherch member
    edited November 2015
    No, I am sorry, in my panic, I explained my post wrong. I am aware that tylanol is safe to take. The fever is what I was worried about harming the baby. I was concerned about at what point will a fever begin to have negative effects on a pregnancy. Everything I read seems like it's the worst thing that can possibly happen, I'd just rather hear it from you ladies whom are more experienced.
    Sorry for the confusion
  • Options
    cmerriburycmerribury member
    edited November 2015
    No. You should be ok. Just get your fever and infection under control and you will be ok.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    As long as you continue to keep the fever under control (take your temp every couple hours, take Tylenol when the fever starts to raise) then you are doing everything you can and you should be fine
  • Options
    And stay hydrated!!!
  • Options
    I had the flu when I was pregnant with DS and had a 104 temp and had to be hospitalized. He is 6 and is perfectly healthy. Call your dr. They may advise additional treatment for your fever if they are concerned.
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    Maybe try a bath to get your fever down along with the tylenol or use a cool damp cloth. Like pp said the harm is having the fever so make sure to take care of it
  • Options
    AnaelseaAnaelsea member
    edited November 2015
    mince raw garlic and swallow it in the middle of a meal(dont chew), for three meals consecutively, and you should feel better the next day. yes, youll feel it in your stomach/heartburn, but garlic kills bacteria viruses and pneumonia over time.