Infertility
Options

IUI Trigger shot question

Hi,
Im hoping some one has some advice about IUI and trigger shots.I took the HCG trigger shot on the 11th, (it was 10,000 units) and did my first IUI on the 13th. The doctor warned me not to take a pregnancy test before day 14 because of false positives. Well, I didn't listen and took one yesterday and it was Negative. From everything I read online and from what my doctor told me the shot should still be in my system. I was prepared to get a false positive but not a Negative. Does anyone have any experience with the trigger shot. I called my doctor but it will be a few days before my call gets returned and I driving my self crazy. Does this mean the IUI was useless?

Re: IUI Trigger shot question

• Options
    Its probably too early for you to get a positive, since 14 days after your IUI would be the 27th. BUT don't be dissapointed with the negative - its a good sign and means the trigger shot is out of your system. If you get a positive now, you will know its a true positive! Wait a few days and test again. I dont think youre our of the running yet! Good luck!!
  • Options
    I agree. You getting a negative test in this case is good news.

FX!
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    edited November 2015
    Some people test out of the trigger (which means taking a test every day until it's stark negative).  14 days is just the max time it takes to get out of your system, it's less time for lots of people.  It's good you got a negative, now if you see a positive, you know it's a real positive.  No reason to call the doc.  
  • Options
    Have any of you tested out your trigger? If so, what cheap tests did you use? Dollar store? Something off Amazon?
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    Wondfos from Amazon for testing out.  I got 20 HPTs and 50 OPKs for 20 bucks!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone know how long it would for a positive to show up after getting the negative result? Should I just test like I would if we haven't done the IUI? I'm really hoping the IUI works. We have next month to try if it doesn't and then my hubby will be home for six months so I'm spazzing out.
  • Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    edited November 2015
    IUI has nothing to do with it.  I typically wait 2-3 days after the negative before I start looking for a positive.  My doc says 14 days after trigger.  So Nov 25th.  I would start testing on Sunday/Monday.  

Side note:  I actually triggered on the same day as you!!  As are in the same TWW!!

ETA:  You did use FMU right?
  • Options
    I did use FMU. I tested again today and it was negative again so I think I going to wait to the end of next week to test again and not try to stress so much. Is this your first procedure? I didn't anyone I wsa doing fertility treatments so its nice to know someone is on the same time line as me.

• Options
    I have had 3 failed IUIs and had lap surgery in Oct. So we are doing 2 unmedicated monitered cycles before jumping back into IUI
  • Options
    Good Luck. The 25th will be here soon :)