June 2015 Moms
Options

Vaporizer vs. humidifier

Hi ladies!

Baby has a cold and was advised to use a humidifier by several friends and even doctor. I sent DH to get one late last night. So LO is taking a nap and decided to read the instructions. Well, turns out DH bought a vaporizer instead. I don't think he realized there is a difference and well, neither did I until I consulted Dr. GOOGLE.

So, which do you prefer? I think the main difference is cold mist vs. hot.
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Vaporizer vs. humidifier

• Options
    I prefer the vaporizer for me when I am sick... Often the doctor recommends the cool mist for the kids but I guess I am old school and like the heat lol
  • Options
    Our pediatrician recommended a cool mist humidifier. We are going through something similar. I hope your LO feels better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was always told the cool mist humidifier is less likely to grow Bacteria but then DH went & bought a vaporizer. He said he heard it was better for babies. We already have two humidifiers (not currently using) & we can't ever seem to keep those clean. I think either will do the trick.
  • Options
    Dr. Sears likes vaporizers over cool mist humidifiers
  • Options
    janit368 said:

Dr. Sears likes vaporizers over cool mist humidifiers

LO is coughing a lot and all we have is a vaporizer... I read that too so I am going to give it a shot... I think that is probably all I ever used... Now I have to look into a cool mist thing...