Infertility
Options

BBT shift without O?

This might be a newbie question, but does anyone know if it's possible for BBT to shift without ovulation? I've been charting this month and using OPKs for the last 10 days. I've yet to get a positive, but my BBT shows a pretty clear shift for the last 8 days. I don't think I've ovulated for several months since I've been on estrogen and progesterone supplements pre/post surgeries, so my doctor and I agreed we'll start Clomid next month if I don't get pregnant this cycle.

Thanks!

Re: BBT shift without O?

• Options
    I've never been able to turn an OPK and I O every month (if that's what you are asking).  Can you link your chart?
  • Options
    You might have ovulated and just missed the positive opk. It has been suggested to test in the am and pm so you don't miss the surge.

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The LH surge can have a very short window (only a couple hours) so it can be easy to miss!  I've missed it before and had more luck when I tested twice a day.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    I don't know how to link it, but here's a screen shot. I guess it's possible I missed it if the spike was very short. I did have one day where my evening test was dark, but not quite dark enough.
  • Options
    I don't see a clear temperature shift to indicate O.  FF would have given you crosshairs to indicate O.  You temperature needs to rise and stay up.  CD11 and CD17 have the same temperature, so no rise there (it went back down).  CD 14 & 23 are the same, so that's not it either.  You'll have to wait and see what your temperature does.  

Are you under the care of an RE?  
  • Options
    The first portion of the month I wasn't tracking too well since I was on a pretty long business trip. The last 8 days might not look like a textbook shift, but it's the most I've ever seen (I was honestly pretty surprised by the consistency in increases).

I've been seeing an RE since February. I've had two surgeries since then to remove 50+ fibroids, so this is the first month we've been given the all-clear to try again. Even before that I wasn't getting positive tests for several months (had been getting a consistent positive OPK before that), so my RE said we can go ahead and start with medications next month.

Thanks for checking out my chart!
  • Options
    You may want to consider checking CP as well.  The general rule is any time you see fertile CM to HIO just in case.  Have you tried to "discard" your temperature from CD14.  If you throw that out, than maybe O on CD17?  Try it and see if FF gives you CH.  

How many times a day are you checking OPKs and what time of day? 
  • Options
    I think I might do that since I know the early month temperatures are skewing my chart. Ill probably need to watch it for a few more days to know for sure.

Around day 18 I was checking morning and evening since that's the time frame when I used to get a positive OPK, but I've only been doing once a day recently. I know they say late morning or around noon is best, but that does want really work for me since I'm at the office all day.
  • Options
    I would take my OPKs to work and test at work.  I was testing 3-4 times a day and still couldn't pick up a positive.  
  • Options
    That's what I was hoping to avoid!

I had another uptick in temperature this morning, so I'm thinking it happened 5 or 7 days ago. Luckily I didn't completely miss the window, but I guess we'll have to wait and see!
  • Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    edited November 2015
    Can you link a screen shot again?  And mark "discard" for the one high-temp
  • Options
    I discarded all of my crazy temps from the beginning of the month. FF still isn't adding crosshairs since all of my OPKs are marked as negative I assume. image
  • Options
    No - just discard the one temp.  FF won't give you crosshairs with too little data.  It's need something to show a clear shift with.  I'm thinking O on CD19.
  • Options
    That did it. Thanks again!image
  • Options
    Good rule of thumb is anytime you see EWCM, you should HIO just in case.  

I think you should discard CD14, not CD16.  If your temp continues to rise, FF may move your CH to maybe CD21.