3rd Trimester
Options

1cm to 10cm dilated, How long does it take?

To the experienced moms, how long did it take you to progress from 1 to 10 cm dilated? My doctor said I am 1cm dilated today. Yikes! I'm a FTM.

Re: 1cm to 10cm dilated, How long does it take?

• Options
    Every woman and pregnancy is different. I was 1cm for each baby for two weeks which is normal. Once active labor actually started I went to 10cm within 2 hours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My last pregnancy I was 3cm dialated from 7 months until labor. Depends on the person.
  • Options
    It's different for everyone.
  • Options
    You can walk around like that for weeks, or you could go into active labor and have this baby tonight. It is different for each woman/pregnancy.
  • Options
    I was 1cm for a few weeks. DD waited to until 3 days after my due date. I was 1cm for a few weeks and then it took almost 23 hours once active labor started to get to 5cm. Then another 3.5 hours to get to 10cm. It just depends on the person
  • Options
    My dr says the "average" is 1cm every 2 hours for first time moms (for active labor). I didn't feel a single contraction until I was 4 1/2cm and I dilated at 1cm every 20-30 mins after that so you never really know.
  • Options
    Took me 10 days.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    It could be two hours or two months... 
  • Options
    I've never been in labor before so I couldn't tell you my experience but I do know that if varies from women to women and like everyone else says it can take a long time. I've heard from family members that usually it takes a while if it's your first baby. That might not always be true though but it does make sense because you've never had that experience before.
  • Options
    To the experienced moms, how long did it take you to progress from 1 to 10 cm dilated? My doctor said I am 1cm dilated today. Yikes! I'm a FTM.
    The answer to this is completely individual. Even in the same woman from pregnancy to pregnancy-- it can vary.

With my daughter I walked into Labor & Delivery at 5cm and it took me 4 hours to progress completely.
    I walked in with my son at 6cm and it took me 16 hours to progress to 10cm.

Our experiences don't mean anything for you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Everyone's different, but I went from 1 to 10 in 4 hours
  • Options
    I was at 1cm for weeks until I was induced at 41 weeks. As you can see from the various responses, there's no way of knowing how long it will take for you.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage